Question & Answer
What is the method for exporting an entire content store in Cognos Analytics 11 to the point where the package is saved in the ‘deployment’ directory?
Steps to export the content store:
1. On the Cognos Analytics ‘Welcome’ dashboard, click the ‘Manage’ tab and select ‘Administration Console’.
2. Select the ‘Configuration’ tab and click ‘Content Administration’ on the left-hand side.
3. In the top right-hand side, click the icon ‘New Export’.
4. Specify a name for your new export and click ‘Next’.
5. Click the ‘Select the entire Content Store’ radio button and select ‘Next’.
6. Choose the location where you want to store the deployment archive using the deployment files in IBM Cognos Configuration. If you want to create a new archive instead, select the ‘New archive: ’ radio button and specify a name for it. Click ‘Next’.
7. Assign a password to your archive. The password must contain at least 8 characters. Re-enter your password for confirmation and then click ‘OK’.
8. Verify the details you have input before clicking ‘Next’.
9. Choose which action you want to take. In this example, we will select ‘Save and run once’.
10. Specify a time when you want to run the export and click ‘Run’.
11. Click ‘OK’ to complete the export.
12. Within your Cognos installation location, open the ‘deployment’ directory and check that your exported deployment archive is present.
NOTE: If you have set up an external file system in IBM Cognos Configuration, this will also be exported with your content store when you choose the ‘Select the entire Content Store’ option in step 6.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018