Question & Answer
How do I configure an additional instance of Informix Dynamic Server with NoSQL support?
It may be desirable to have for example, both production and development/QA instances of IDS with NoSQL support enabled. The initial instance must be created during the installation. Additional instances can be created with the following steps:
- Make the necessary sqlhosts file changes and if applicable /etc/services entries.
- Make a copy of either the sqlhosts file to the new file or just make a second copy of the entries within the file. Modify the entries appropriately.
- Make the necessary changes to the /etc/services file.
- Change INFORMIXSERVER to be the value of DBSERVERNAME set in the previous steps.
- Change ONCONFIG to the name configured in step #2.
- Change INFORMIXSQLHOSTS if a new sqlhosts file was created in step #1.
- LET json_listener = <filename>:
- <filename> defaults to "jsonListener.properties"
- Copy the original file to a new file with a different name and set the new name (<filename>) here.
- See step #5 below for configuration changes in this file.
- EXECUTE FUNCTION ifx_setup_system(<chunk_storage_path>):
- <chunk_storage_path> defaults to $INFORMIXDIR/storage
- Change this to a new storage directory that you created for the new instance.
- listener.port=#: set the port number that the new JSON listener process(es) will use for incoming requests
- Localhost:#: set to the port number of the "lo_..." DBSERVERNAME connection
- INFORMIXSERVER=?: set to "lo_..." DBSERVERNAME connection
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018