Question & Answer
How to create a PKCS#7 (.p7b, .p7c) certificate for your Trading Partner
GIS only exports certificates as .DER or .CER (Base 64) formats.
The PKCS#7 format contains certificates in a signed data structure, and is also a X.509 certificate format.
A PKCS#7 certificate can be created from an exported .DER system certificate by following these steps:
- Install the exported .DER certificate in Windows by double-clicking on the file and choosing Install Certificate...
- Click on the Details tab and choose Copy to File...
- A Windows Certificate Export Wizard will come up. Click Next.
- Select Cryptographic Message Syntax Standard - PKCS #7 Certificates (.P7B)
- Check the box for Include all certificates in the certification path if possible.
- Click Next.
- Choose a filename and click next, and then finish.
- After the cert has been exported, the extension can be changed to .p7c if necessary.
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018