Manual steps need to be taken for IBM Cognos Planning 10.2 to work with IBM Business Intelligence 10.2.2 FP5.
Resolving The Problem
In order to establish communication between Business Intelligence (BI) 10.2.2 FP5 and Cognos Planning 10.2 a supplementary step is required that will ensure the same version of a p2pd.jar file is used across all instances.
- BI 10.2.2 FP5 and Cognos Planning 10.2. installed and configured as per normal procedure
- Stop all BI and Planning services
- On the BI server, navigate to: [BI_install_location]\war\gateway\lib and copy p2pd.jar
- On the Planning machine(s) back-up the p2pd.jar file found in the following locations:
- Copy and paste the p2pd.jar file from the BI server to the Planning machine(s) in the following locations, make sure that the previous files are backed up:
- You should now have the same version of the p2pd.jar (the one originating from the BI server) across your installation. You can now start the BI and Planning services.
- The p2pd.jar is included with the Planning Server kit (plansrvr). Depending on your setup and components distribution across servers, not all Planning machines will need this procedure.
15 June 2018