Question & Answer
How do you add another column to the Web UI Taskboard in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)?
The Taskboard has three default columns based on the OSLC groups:
- In Progress
Administrators may want to add an additional column to mimic the work item workflow.
In order to add another column to the Taskboard in the Web UI, follow the steps below.
NOTE that this will not affect planning in the eclipse client.
- Open your project area in the eclipse client
- Navigate to Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work items > Workflows
- Scroll down to State Groups
- Add a new state group and assign the OSLC group category
- Edit the State to correspond to the new State group
- Save the project area
This new State Group will now appear in the Taskboard of the web UI, as shown below, indicated by "New Column". If the changes to the taskboard are not displaying, shutdown and restart your browser.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Rational Team Concert
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018