Large Cognos Content Store may result in CM-SYS error message during a full deployment export process.
You are unable to export the Cognos Content Store.
The main cause for this failure is the large size of the database due to a number of saved report output versions.
Resolving The Problem
There are three options available in order to successfully export a large Content Store database.
Option 1: Use an advanced parameter to exclude Saved report output versions for the entire content store export.
- 1. Start IBM Cognos Connection.
2. In the upper-right corner, click Launch, IBM Cognos Administration.
3. On the Status tab, click System.
4. In the upper-left corner of the Scorecard pane, click the arrow to view the Change view menu. Click Services, and then click Content Manager.
5. Click the arrow next to ContentManagerService to display the Actions menu, and then click Set properties.
6. Click the Settings tab.
7. Click Edit next to Advanced Settings.
8. Select Override the settings acquired from the parent entry.
9. In the Parameter column, enter the following parameter name.
11. In the Value column, enter TRUE
12. Click OK.
13. On the Set properties page, click OK.
Option 2: Use an advanced parameter to break down entire content Store export into small, individual pieces.
- - Follow the same steps as in Option 1, with the following modifications:
11. In the Value column, enter 1024
Note: This will create multiple export files, each with a file size of 1024MB (1GB).
Option 3: Run a Consistency Check and Fix against the content store database.
- 1. Launch Cognos Administration
2. Navigate to the Configuration tab
2. Click on Content Administration on the left-hand side
3. Click on the New Content Maintenance Task button in the toolbar, and select New Consistency Check in the drop-down menu
4. Complete the Wizard and run the task
- Note: It is recommended that that you choose the Find mode first and check the results before fixing the Content Store.
15 June 2018