User launches the 'main' Controller client (CCR.EXE). User clicks "Company - Data Entry - Reported Values". An error appears.
The Excel-link is not installed
There are a large number of potential causes for this error message.
- TIP: See separate IBM Technote #1396195 for more examples.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is a problem with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
In one real-life customer example:
- All 15 end users launched Controller via the same Citrix server
- The problem only affected 4 end users (the remaining 11 users worked OK)
If the 4 'bad' users launched Internet Explorer (on the
In one real-life customer example, the problem only occurred shortly after installing all of these (onto the Citrix server):
- 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Windows update KB3188740
- Windows update KB3188730)
Diagnosing The Problem
In one real-life customer example, the 4 'bad' users only got the problem for the first (approximately) 11 minutes of logging onto the Citrix server.
- After this time, Controller worked OK.
During this 'bad' 11 minutes period, if the user launched Internet Explorer 11, then they would see Internet Explorer flash and then immediately shut down.
- However, after 11 minutes Internet Explorer 11 would start working OK (it would not flash and then crash).
Resolving The Problem
Ensure that Internet Explorer works OK on the client device.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018