Dynamic Workload Console Version 9.5 Release Notes
The Release Notes for the IBM Workload Scheduler Dynamic Workload Console version 9.5 contain the following topics:
- Interoperability tables
- Software limitations and their workarounds
- Installation and upgrade limitations and their workarounds
- Documentation Updates
- APAR fixed in this release
To download the appropriate package for your operating system, see the Dynamic Workload Console download page.
For detailed system requirements for all operating systems, see the Detailed System Requirements page.
To access the IBM Workload Scheduler documentation, see the online Knowledge Center.
A complete list of new or changed functions in this release are documented in the Summary of enhancements. More information about new features, including helpful demo videos, can be found on the IBM Workload Automation What's New page. See also the V9.5 dedicated playlist on the Workload Automation YouTube channel.
You are strongly recommended to maintain all IBM Workload Scheduler components at the latest fix pack level.
Support at level of older product or component: For all products and components described in this section, the level of support is at that of the older product or component.
In the tables in this section the following acronyms are used:
|BDDM||IBM Workload Scheduler backup dynamic domain manager|
|BKM||IBM Workload Scheduler backup master domain manager|
|DDM||IBM Workload Scheduler dynamic domain manager|
|DM||IBM Workload Scheduler domain manager|
|FTA||IBM Workload Scheduler fault-tolerant agent|
|MDM||IBM Workload Scheduler master domain manager|
|DWC||Dynamic Workload Console|
|IWS||IBM Workload Scheduler|
|IWS for Apps||IBM Workload Scheduler for Applications|
|IWS distr Agent for z/OS||IBM Workload Scheduler distributed - Agent for z/OS|
|z/OS Conn||IBM Workload Scheduler z/OS® connector feature|
|z/OS Controller||IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS Controller|
To obtain the most up-to-date information about supported browsers and related versions, generate the Detailed System Requirements dynamic report from the Software Product Compatibility Reports web page, click the Prerequisites tab, and select Web Browsers.
The following tables are available:
- Dynamic Workload Console: compatibility
- IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS: compatibility
- IBM Workload Scheduler Command-line client: compatibility
Dynamic Workload Console: compatibility
When you have a backup master domain manager at the V9.5FP2 version level, but the master domain manager is still at a previous product version level, problems can occur when monitoring objects that support the definition in a folder such as, prompts, workstations, and resources, as well as objects that contain the workstation in their object identifier, for example, job streams. More specifically, these objects are not displayed in the results of the monitoring query on the plan if you use filters in your query.
Solution: Upgrade the master domain manager to the V9.5FP2 level, and then run planman resynch to resolve the issue.
IBM Workload Scheduler for z/OS: compatibility
Dynamic Workload Console
IBM Z Workload Scheduler
9.5, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1
To find the fix packs released for IBM Workload Scheduler, and the Dynamic Workload Console including links to the related readmes files, see Fix Central.
Software limitations and their workarounds
This section contains product limitations not resolved with this release of Dynamic Workload Console, and their workarounds (where applicable)
Application Lab starts by connecting to the first engine of the manage list.
When running Application Lab from the welcome page, it automatically connects to the first engine set in the manage list. Workaround: To connect to a different engine, replace the engine name and engine owner in the URL.
- The Dynamic Workload Broker user interface and command line are not supported for the current release
- The listed components, also known as Broker CLI and Broker UI, are not supported in version 9.5. To be able to use these components, install version 9.5, Fix Pack 1 or later.
- Note: The Broker CLI and the Broker UI require both the Dynamic Workload Console and the master domain manager at the Version 9.5, Fix Pack 1 level or later.
- Browser limitations
- -If you use the Workload Dashboard with Firefox, by clicking on a bar chart there is no drill-down on the objects selected.
-To optimize performance when using the Graphical Views it is recommended to use Chrome or Firefox.
- Workload Dashboard
- You cannot launch more than one dashboard that requires an engine selection at a time. Use a new session for each dashboard.
- Limitations with Workflow Folders
- - The folders are not available with cross dependecies and reports.
- In the Workload Designer when opening a job plugin in view mode, folder field does not appear. Workaround: Open the job plugin in edit mode.
- Limited number of objects in Workload Designer: when clicking the tab Explore in the Workload Designer, the maximum number of jobs, job streams and folders that can be displayed is 250 for each object type.
- Shadow Jobs and SAP Jobs on Dynamic Agent in folders: These jobs can only be saved in the root folder.
- The status of a job changed within a rerun chain does not appear in the Dynamic Workload Console
- When you modify the status of a job within a rerun chain using conman confirm, and the job is not the last job in the chain, the status is correctly displayed in conman, but remains unchanged in the Dynamic Workload Console. However, because the job in object is not the last job in the chain, this modification does not affect the overall job stream status.
- Launch in context not supported
- The Launch in context is not supported for this version of the Dynamic Workload Console.
- Backward compatibility problems with IBM Workload Scheduler 9.4
- To monitor objects from an engine version 9.4 remove the folder filter from the the predefined query.
- Before importing preferences from the Dynamic Workload Console 9.4 perform the following procedure:
open the TDWCSettings.xml file and find and replace as follows:
Poor performance for Dynamic Workload Console dashboards containing both distributed and Z engines
Installation and upgrade limitations, problems, and their workarounds
The following are limitations that affect the installation and upgrade of the Dynamic Workload Console:
- Characters allowed for password
- Windows environment: The following are valid characters to be used in the password: alphanumeric, dash (-), underscore (_) characters, and ()|?*~+.
- UNIX environment: The following are valid characters to be used in the password: alphanumeric, dash (-), underscore (_) characters, and ()|?=*~+.
The installation directory name and path cannot include non-ASCII characters
Recent JVMs do not fully support use of non-ASCII characters with the -jar and -javaagent commands. Use only ASCII characters in your installation directory names and paths.
Migration of roles from the Dynamic Workload Console
The migration of the roles from the Dynamic Workload Console Version 9.4 to Version 9.5 is not supported. The user have to recreate the roles in the latest version.
All updates to the IBM Workload Scheduler documentation that are required for version 9.5 are included in the editions of the publications at the IBM Knowledge Center.
APARs fixed in this release
APARs fixed in this release Dynamic Workload Console V9.5:
- IV87526: CANNOT VIEW ANY ARGUMENTS FOR DYNAMIC JOBS BY DWC
- IJ09641: JOBS IN PLAN SHOWING MAXDUR=00:00 MINDUR=00:00 WHERE NOT DEFINED
- IJ09416: USING THE ALTER JOB FEATURE CAUSES MAILBOX.MSG TO FILL
- IJ09121: UPDATE DOCUMENTATION THAT COMPLETION OF INSTALL REMOVES SEVERALFOLDERS IN /OPT/IBM
- IJ06020: BATCHMAN GOES DOWN AFTER SWITCHPLAN WHILE PROCESSING OA EVENT
- IJ07887: NOT SELECTED JOB STREAMS ARE TO BE CANCELLED IF JOBSTERAMS ARE ALREADY CANCELLED FROM OTHER JOBSTREAM MONITOR
- IJ07282: DEFAULT VARIABLE TABLE OVERRIDES THE PREVIOUSLY SPECIFIED VARIABLE TABLE
- IJ03479: ISSUE WHEN OPEN A COMPLEX VARIANT SAP
- IJ00338: Jobstreamis planned unexpectedly on except calendar date
© Copyright International Business Machines Corporation 2006, 2016. All rights reserved. US Government Users Restricted Rights – Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
Copyright © 2016, 2019 HCL Technologies Limited.
Was this topic helpful?
22 March 2022