This document explains how to download and prepare for IBM® Db2® Big SQL with Hortonworks Data Platform.
- From a web browser, navigate to the Software download & media access page on the IBM Passport Advantage web site. You must log in to continue.
- Make sure you have the correct agreement number and click Continue.
- In the Download software tab, in the All products view, select D to find the Db2 Big SQL with Hortonworks Data Platform.
- Select the operating system and language.
- This offering consists of one release notes, one bin file for Big SQL, and one bin file for Hortonworks Data Platform. Make sure the Required boxes are selected and click the Download button.
Note: This offering provides only the offline installation option.
Installing the Hortonworks Data Platform package:
1. Update the permissions on the downloaded .bin file to enable execute, where x.x.x is the version number,
chmod +x ibm_hdp_x.x.x.bin
2. Run the .bin file to extract and install the services in the module. Navigate to the directory that contains the bin file and run
If you are running the bin file as a non-root user, make sure that the non-root user has the required sudo privileges.
3. After the prompt, agree to the License terms.
4. You are prompted to answer questions regarding system architecture and the operating system version.
5. Set up a local repository for the offline installation. For more information about local repository setup, see https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-184.108.40.206/bk_ambari-installation/content/setting_up_a_local_repository.html.
6. Follow the installation guide(s) for your next steps to install the product.
Installing the Db2 Big SQL package:
For other information about Db2 Big SQL, see https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCRJT_6.0.0.
Was this topic helpful?
08 April 2021