This document describes how to download and install the IBM Content Navigator Version 3.0.11 components by using Passport Advantage Online or Fix Central
IBM Content Navigator is a web client that provides users with a web interface for working with content from multiple content servers. It helps companies provide managed access to large volumes of electronic data. IBM Content Navigator enables users to search for and work with documents that are stored in content servers that are located around the world from a web browser. IBM Content Navigator works with the following desktop clients:
- IBM Content Navigator for Microsoft Office - an optional component of IBM Content Navigator that enables users to access content from within Microsoft Office applications.
- IBM Content Navigator Sync Client - an optional component of IBM Content Navigator that enables users to sync content between their workstation and the web client. (Available only with FileNet P8 systems.)
- IBM Content Navigator Edit Service - an optional component of IBM Content Navigator that enables users to easily add files or edit files in the native applications installed on their computers. (Available with FileNet P8 systems and IBM Content Manager systems.)
In addition, IBM Content Navigator Version 3.0.11 also distributes Microsoft SharePoint Web Parts for the Browse, Search, and Work features. The Web Parts enable users to access documents stored in an IBM FileNet P8 repository from Microsoft SharePoint.
The IBM Content Navigator software package also includes the media for IBM ECM CMIS 3.0.6 release.
- On Windows, if enough free space is not available, the installer prompts the user for an alternate location for extraction.
- On Unix, the installer does not prompt to pick another location; however, the IATEMPDIR environment variable can be manually set to a location with sufficient temp space. To set the variable, enter one of the following commands at the UNIX command-line prompt before running this installer again:
- for Bourne shell (sh), ksh, bash, and zsh:
$ export IATEMPDIR
- for C shell (csh) and tcsh:
$ setenv IATEMPDIR /your/free/space/directory
- for Bourne shell (sh), ksh, bash, and zsh:
- Download the product from Passport Advantage.
Note: Typically, the container images are available for download one week after the images for the traditional installations.
- Download the appropriate driver for your environment.
In this release, the container images can be downloaded from Passport Advantage or from the Entitled Registry. In a future release, container images will only be available from the Entitled Registry. For more information on downloading container images from the Entitled Registry, refer to the following documentation: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/filenet-p8-platform/5.5.x?topic=operators-getting-access-new-container-images
- IBM Content Navigator:
- AIX: M03NJML
- Linux: MO3NKML
- Linux for System z: M03NLML
- Windows: M03NMML
- IBM Content Navigator for Microsoft Office (Windows only): M03NNML
- IBM Content Navigator for Microsoft SharePoint (Windows only): M03NPML
- IBM Content Navigator Sync (Windows): M03NQML
- IBM Content Navigator Sync (Mac OS X): M03NRML
- IBM Content Navigator Edit Service (Windows): M03NSML
- IBM Content Navigator Edit Service (Mac OS X): M03NRML
- IBM Content Navigator Linux x86 Container Multilingual: M03NVML
- IBM ECM CMIS (AIX): G01HWML
- IBM ECM CMIS (Linux): G01HXML
- IBM ECM CMIS (zLinux): CC6HYML
- IBM ECM CMIS (Windows): G01HZML
- IBM FileNet CMIS Linux x86 Container Multilingual: G01J0ML
- IBM FileNet External Share Linux x86 Container Multilingual: M03NWML
- IBM Content Navigator Task Manager Linux x86 Container Multilingual: M03NTML
IBM Content Navigator includes a limited license for:
|IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Analytical Components V12.0.3 Windows Multilingual||CC1G5ML|
|IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Analytical Components V12.0.3 Linux Multilingual||CC1G6ML|
|IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Analytical Components V12.0.3 AIX Multilingual||CC1G7ML|
|IBM Watson Explorer Deep Analytics Edition Analytical Components V12.0.3 Linux on Sys z Multilingual||CC1G8ML|
|IBM Watson Explorer Content Analytics Agent for Windows File Systems V12.0.3 Multilingual||CC1G9ML|
|IBM Watson Explorer Content Analytics Studio V12.0.3 Windows English||CC1GAEN|
Downloading the product
To download IBM Content Navigator or its components from Fix Central:
1. From a browser, log in to Fix Central.
2. In the Product Group list, select Enterprise Content Management.
3. In the Select from Enterprise Content Management list, select Content Navigator.
4. In the Installed Version list, select 3.0.10.
5. Select your product platform.
6. Click Continue.
Before downloading, Fix Central prompts you to accept the IBM Content Navigator 3.0.11 license.
Downloading from Passport Advantage
- From a browser, navigate to the Find Download and Media page on the IBM Passport Advantage Online website. You must log on to continue.
- Select the Find by part number search option under Download finder options.
- Search for the part number of the image that you want to download. See the list of part numbers for more information.
- Unpack the part into a single, temporary directory on your system.
- Follow the instructions in Planning, Installing, and Configuring IBM Content Navigator to install the product.
Was this topic helpful?
17 December 2021