Question & Answer
What are the differences between IBM Rational ClearCase Snapshot and Dynamic views?
For information about Snapshot and Dynamic views, refer to the IBM Rational ClearCase Information Center under the topic of About types of views.
The differences between Snapshot and Dynamic Views are the following:
- Dynamic views have the benefits of transparent file access
- Fast immediate updates
- Also, get global view of code base
- Derived objects sharing
- Audited Builds
- Uses the MultiVersion File System (MVFS)
- Copies of file elements are loaded from your VOBs
- Periodic (manual) updates are required to see file updates
- Ability to load a subset of the code
- Fast local build times
- Ability to work offline
- Uses ClearCase File Server (CCFS)
Was this topic helpful?
16 June 2018