Detailed System Requirements
This document summarizes the hardware, platforms, and software supported by the IBM® InfoSphere® Optim™ Data Growth and Application Retirement solutions for JD Edwards v11.3, and the Starter Edition for JD Edwards Applications.
Supported versions of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
The solutions for JD Edwards support the following JD Edwards EnterpriseOne versions:
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Xe and ERP 8.0
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.10, 8.11, 8.12, 9.0, and 9.1
In addition to the JD Edwards software listed here, version 11.3 is tested and distributed with the IBM InfoSphere Optim Data Growth Solution v11.3. Detailed hardware and software requirements for the data growth solution are at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27041700.
Setup considerations for archiving EnterpriseOne Xe, 8.0, 9.0, and 9.1 data on iSeries
If you are using EnterpriseOne Xe or ERP 8.0, 9.0, or 9.1, you must do the following to set up the data growth solution to archive JD Edwards EnterpriseOne data on System i:
- Install and configure the Optim server and install DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, including the Federation Server, on the same machine.
- Configure the Federation Server, which includes creating a SAMPLE database and a wrapper for that database.
- Set up iSeries Database Communication, such as specifying TCP/IP communication parameters.
- Define the iSeries Database Server.
- Create the appropriate User Mapping from the local system to the iSeries server.
- Create Nicknames in the DB2 SAMPLE database for the tables in your iSeries database. (Scripts are provided to create the nicknames in bulk.)
- Create a DB Alias so the Optim solution can connect to the SAMPLE database.
The above steps are documented in the Installation Guide for IBM InfoSphere Optim Data Growth Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Was this topic helpful?
08 July 2021