In a newly created environment, one is unable to create a sample application or import a deployment. During deployment import, the deployment hangs and never errors and one must delete the deployment. Upon creation of a sample application, the application hangs after selecting the next button following the display of elist and dcubes. The next screen that should appear is the model details screen but this never appears.
The Planningerrorlog.csv is never written to.
The Jhost7.exe spikes to 13% of CPU on application creation and 100% during deployment import and stays there and never releases.
If during application creation one kills the Jhost7.exe process, the following error will occur:
Failure to initialize ace1_10.acesession(jce components not installed or not registered?)
The system does not support files and directories with long filenames
Diagnosing The Problem
Steps to reproduce:
- Used the bat files to un-register and re-register all dlls files in Bin directory.
- Un-installed and re-installed Planning.
- New contentstore as well as planningstore were created.
- The cognos and planning services were running under a local admin account.
- As per TN 1365311, and implemented long filenames registry change.
Resolving The Problem
Create a new folder directly under D:\ (for example D:\Cognos) and during installation select this new folder to install Planning and not the default D:\program files(x86).
15 June 2018