Question & Answer
What is IBM® Service Management Unite Automation and IBM® Z ChatOps and how do I download these components?
This portal contains the latest information about IBM Service Management Unite Automation and IBM Z ChatOps, which are two offerings that are available as electronic downloads for users of IBM Z System Automation and IBM Z NetView.
If you are looking for information about IBM Service Management Unite Enterprise Edition instead of IBM Service Management Unite Automation, refer to the customer access portal information available to users of the following suites: IBM Z Service Management Suite, IBM Z Service Automation Suite, and IBM Z Monitoring Suite.
IBM Service Management Unite Automation is a web-based systems management console that provides enterprise-wide visibility on automated resources like started tasks, middleware systems and applications that are controlled by IBM Z System Automation. Likewise, Service Management Unite allows to monitor the overall health status of NetView® domains including task utilization and network details. It also provides the ability to create and edit automation statements from the NetView automation tables.
IBM Z ChatOps enables ChatOps for IBM Z environments
IBM Z ChatOps provides an intelligent chatbot that gives users access to information from Z systems management tools, such as IBM Z System Automation, IBM Z NetView, and IBM OMEGAMON, directly into Slack, Microsoft Teams, or Mattermost. Easily notify the IT operations team in the chat tool about alerts from IBM Z applications. IBM Z ChatOps leverages and integrates with Service Management Unite for a broad access to systems management data and to enable chat users to drill down into web-based dashboards with additional information.
With Z ChatOps, accelerate incident resolution and enable collaborative problem isolation and faster onboarding of next-gen IBM Z operators.
IBM Service Management Unite Automation software downloads are available on the following url: http://ibm.biz/smu-auto-download
IBM Z ChatOps software downloads are available on the following url: http://ibm.biz/zchatops-download
To access the download link, you will need your IBM customer ID and password as well as the access key.
You can find your access key through Shopz as follows:
Method 1: Via your Shopz order
- Log-in to Shopz with your IBM customer ID and place a software order for IBM Z System Automation or IBM Z NetView.
- When the order is fulfilled, it appears under "My orders". Select the order from there.
- In the section CD/DVD Images and Other Licensed Material, select the link "Download to your workstation using HTTPS"
- You now see a list of CD/DVD images (*.iso files). Here you will find the docker images for Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps as well as the CD images that contain the PDF documents with the access key information.
- Download the following CD images to your workstation to locate the access key information:
- Access Key for Service Management Unite Automatin: CD titled "Accessing IBM Service Management Unite Automation".
- Access Key for Z ChatOps: CD titled "Memo - Accessing IBM Z ChatOps on IWM".
- Once you have downloaded the CD images (iso files), access/mount the iso image and look at the image content. Each CD image contains a PDF document that has download instructions as well as the access key needed to access the download page.
If you have problems finding the access key information through Shopz, you can also contact IBM support or the firstname.lastname@example.org email ID. Please include your IBM customer and contact info when emailing IBM.
Method 2: Via Z System Automation installed product
For Service Management Unite Automation, you can also find the access key and additional download information on your z/OS system in data set SINGSAMP(INGESMU) if you have a recent IBM Z System Automation installation.
On the download pages, download the packages depending on your needs:
- To run it in a container environment, download the preinstalled Docker image.
- To install its components separately by yourself, download the native installation package.
For more details about the installation and usage of Service Management Unite, refer to the product documentation:
For more details about the installation and usage of IBM Z ChatOps, refer to the product documentation:
On March 18, 2022, new releases of Service Management Unite Automation and Z ChatOps have been published:
Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps support integration with many different backend products such as IBM Z System Automation, IBM Z NetView, and Zowe™.
To integrate automation domains that are managed by IBM Z System Automation into Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps, you need to configure the End-to-End adapter included in IBM Z System Automation. Read the quick startup guide here.
Supported backend versions
Fixes to Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps will be delivered based on the latest supported version through the download pages of Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps (see above). Following are the supported versions of Service Management Unite and Z ChatOps and the corresponding supported backend product versions:
IBM Service Management Unite Automation 1.1.9.x / IBM Z ChatOps 1.1.2.x:
- IBM Z® System Automation V4.2 or later
- IBM Z NetView® V6.3 or later
IBM Service Management Unite Automation 1.1.8.x:
- IBM System Automation for z/OS V4.1, with APAR OA58444 installed
- IBM NetView for z/OS V6.2.1 (for base support of System Automation dashboards)
Feedback can be sent to email@example.com.
Was this topic helpful?
29 March 2022