, , , IEC070I hlq.PSIDnn,hlq.PSIDnn.DATA, IEC070I CSQP014I CSQPEXT1 EXPANSION FAILED FOR PAGE SET . FUTURE REQUESTS TO EXTEND IT WILL BE REJECTED
Due to the failure, IBM MQ does not attempt to expand this page set again. When the queue manager is restarted, or ALT PSID([n]) EXPAND(USER) is issued, IBM MQ attempts expansion again, but it is likely this attempt will also fail.
- IBM MQ reason code 2192 (MQRC_PAGESET_FULL or MQRC_STORAGE_MEDIUM_FULL)
- CSQX548E Messages sent to local dead-letter queue, channel <channel-name>, reason=2192
The maximum relative byte address (RBA) limit (4,294,967,295) has been reached. The subfunction information field, if present, contains a decimal problem-determination code (reason code) for use by the IBM Support Center in case further problem diagnosis is necessary.
Reason Codes 004 for Return Code 034 means:
End of volume - Non-extended addressable. The new allocation amount would exceed 4 GB.
This reason code shows that the pageset could not be expanded because it is not extended addressable, and the expansion would cause it to grow beyond 4Gb. The current size of the page set is close to this limit.
Resolving The Problem
Determine why the page set needs to expand:
- The following IBM MQ command displays information about page sets, including the number of free and used pages and the type of expansion:
/cpf DISPLAY USAGE
"cpf"is the command prefix for the queue manager.
- Do you have the message volume or message size that would require a page set larger than 4G?
- Is something preventing the getting application from running?
- Is there an application that is failing to commit its get and put operations? You can tell when there are uncommitted messages by using
/cpf DISPLAY QSTATUS(qname) UNCOM CURDEPTH
There is not a command to show how many messages are uncommitted and whether they are gets or puts.
- Are there expired messages that need to be cleaned up? See Expired messages on z/OS and Enforcing lower expiration times.
- When the getting application is a channel, is it starting, and is it able to successfully move messages? Use the following command to examine channel status attributes including STATUS, SUBSTATE, and INDOUBT:
/cpf DIS CHSTATUS(channelname) ALL
Use a page set larger than 4GB if necessary:
- When you need to define your page set to be larger than 4GB, you must use the Storage Management System (SMS) EXTENDED ADDRESSABILITY function as stated in Define your page sets. It is not possible to modify existing page sets to be larger than 4 GB. Instead, you must create new page sets with extended addressability and extended format attributes.
The topic Defining a page set to be larger than 4GB has a list of steps and sample JCL to complete this task.
04 August 2020