Question & Answer
The attached document contains screen shots of the 6 main steps required to successfully configure IIS 7.0 for a Cognos 8 Gateway on Windows 2008 Server.
This document should only be used as a guide and in conjunction with the Cognos 8 Installation and Configuration Guide.
It contains screen shots of the 5 main steps required to successfully configure IIS 7.0 for a Cognos 8 Gateway on Windows 2008 Server.
1. Check CGI or ISAPI is enabled in IIS
2. Create the Cognos 8 virtual directories
3. Edit ISAPI or CGI Extensions
4. Add module mapping
5. Edit Module mapping
6. Allow CGI application to use execute
To set up SSO:
The equivalent of "Integrated Windows Authentication" in older IIS versions is required. This should be done after following the attached document. To set this up, follow steps from Microsoft:
1. Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage.
2. In Features View, double-click Authentication.
3. On the Authentication page, select Windows Authentication.
4. In the Actions pane, click Enable to use Windows authentication.
5. Disable Anonymous Access.
15 June 2018