IBM® Cognos® TM1® 10.2.2.0.1 provides important corrections for Cognos TM1 10.2.2.0.
This interim fix (IF)requires that Cognos TM1 10.2.2.0 is already installed. This interim fix may be installed over any previous interim fixes applied to Cognos TM1 10.2.2.0.
1. Back up data and configuration files.
Note: This installation automatically creates a backup for you. Previous installations prompted to ask if you wanted to create a backup before proceeding with the installation.
For more information, see "Backing up data and configuration files for Cognos TM1" in the IBM Cognos TM1 10.2.2.0 Installation and Configuration Guide at:
2. Stop all TM1 services.
Important: All related TM1 services must be stopped before successfully installing this Fix Pack.
a. Open Cognos Configuration.
b. Stop all of the following services (right-click and select Stop):
· TM1 Application Server
· TM1 Admin Server
· all instances of the TM1 server service
Note: Stopping the TM1 Application Server also stops other TM1 components that are installed on the same computer, including Cognos TM1 Applications, Cognos TM1 Web, and Cognos TM1 Operations Console. This step also stops the support services that allow Cognos TM1 to communicate with Cognos TM1 Mobile Contributor and IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel.
c. Exit Cognos Configuration. If prompted, click No to keep the program from restarting any services.
d. If you are using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) security with Cognos TM1 Applications, stop the IBM Cognos BI service.
e. If you are running any Cognos TM1 services that were not initially configured and started through Cognos Configuration, stop those services in the Windows services console.
3. Run the TM1 10.2.2.0 IF1 installation.
Note: On Microsoft Windows systems, a warning dialog appears if any related applications and/or services are running. You can click Continue and the installation will attempt to stop the TM1 Application Server service. Or, you can exit the installation and manually stop the services. On UNIX, Linux, and AIX systems, this warning dialog does not display and you must manually close any related applications and/or services before running the installation.
The installation process performs the following actions for the TM1 Web configuration file.
· Copies your pre-existing tm1web_config.xml file back into the updated TM1 Web configuration folder.
<TM1 installation directory>\webapps\tm1web\WEB-INF\configuration
· Installs a new TM1 Web example configuration file, named tm1web_config.xml.new, into the TM1 Web configuration folder. This new configuration file contains entries for new TM1 Web parameters (CrossDomainAccessList, WebsheetRowThreshold, and WebsheetColumnThreshold).
4. If prompted, restart your computer to complete the installation.
5. After the TM1 10.2.2.0 IF1 installation has completed:
a. Delete the config.ini file which can be found <TM1 install>\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\pmhub\eclipse\configuration.
This is required when using TM1 Operations Console, Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel® or Cognos TM1 Mobile Contributor.
b. Open Cognos Configuration.
c. When you first open Cognos Configuration after applying FP2 a message displays that the configuration files have been upgraded. Click OK to continue.
d. Right-click on the TM1 Application Server and select Start to restart the service.
e. If you are prompted to save configuration settings, be sure to click Yes.
This will refresh the Apache Tomcat web server to use the updated TM1 files and folders.
6. If you are using any Cognos TM1 web-based components, such as Cognos TM1 Web or Cognos TM1 Applications, clear the web browser cache on any computers that access these components.
7. If you are using TM1 iWidgets, perform the following additional steps.
a. Install the related Cognos BI update to support iWidgets.
For more information, see “Using TM1 iWidgets with Cognos TM1 10.2.2.0 IF1 requires installation of Cognos Business Intelligence update”
b. Configure the CrossDomainAccessList parameter in the Cognos TM1 Web configuration file.
For more information, see “TM1 iWidgets require configuration of new CrossDomainAccessList parameter to work with Cognos TM1 Web 10.2.0 FP1 and above”
24 February 2020