Opening the sample dashboard in Cognos Analytics called "Product line dashboard" the following error message might appear on the dashboard: The data is not available. Contact the owner to make the data available. Or "We can't retrieve the data (for Release 2)
The sample dashboard called "Product line dashboard" returns the following:
Incorrect import option selected.
Resolving The Problem
Ensure that new IDs were not assigned when initially importing the samples. Use these steps to correct the issue:
1. Delete the Samples folder from your environment by clicking the ellipsis icon and selecting Delete:
2. Import the Samples deployment (IBM_Cognos_Samples.zip) to your server by clicking Manage > Administration console:
3. In IBM Cognos Administration, click the Configuration tab:
4. Click the Content Administration link:
5. Click the New Import toolbar option:
6. Follow the steps of the New Import wizard, leaving most of the settings at their defaults. However, on the run with options page at the end of the wizard, make sure that you click Do not assign new IDs during import:
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018