The following error occurs in the cogserver.log when attempting to start IBM Cognos after a new installation or, changing to a new Oracle content store. [Error Message -] CM-CFG-5063 A Content Manager configuration error was detected while connecting to the content store. CM-CFG-5036 Content Manager failed to connect to the content store. The connection string is "jdbc:oracle:thin:@servername:1521:service". Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135295488)(ERR=12505) (ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))
Resolving The Problem
This error may occur if the fully qualified service name for the Oracle database is used in Cognos Connection. Use the following steps to verify this.
- Start Cognos Configuration
- Expand the Data Access node
- Expand the Content Manager node
- Select the Content Manager name
- Verify that the property labeled Service name does not contain the fully qualified service name. For example, if it reads SIDNAME.XXX.YY.COMPANY.COM, then rename this to read SIDNAME.
Was this topic helpful?
15 June 2018