Question & Answer
How do I copy the plug-ins to a directory accessible to Crystal Reports?
To provide Crystal Reports with ClearQuest-authenticated access to ClearQuest data sources, copy the required ClearQuest Reporting Driver plug-ins installed with any ClearQuest feature to a directory accessible to the Crystal Reports application. The ClearQuest Reporting Driver is packaged as the Eclipse plug-in archive, com.ibm.rational.clearquest.jdbc_version.timestamp.jar. The plug-in archive is installed with any ClearQuest feature.
Note: Crystal Report Designer must be configured with JRE 1.6 for ClearQuest versions 8.0 and 8.0.1; and JRE 1.7 for ClearQuest version 9.0. Do not use the JRE supplied by Business Objects in the crconfig.xml file.
To obtain the files required for the ClearQuest Reporting Driver:
- Determine where ClearQuest is installed and where the Rational common files are installed.
- Create a directory in which to store the ClearQuest Reporting Driver runtime files:
- Navigate to the directory:
- Copy the required ClearQuest Reporting Driver runtime files into the directory:
copy cq_install_dir\reports\driver\plugins\com.ibm.rational.clearquest.jdbc_version.jar cqjdbc.jar
copy cq_install_dir\cqjni.jar .
copy rational-common-dir\stp*.jar .
- Extract the .jar files:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin\jar.exe" xvf "\Program Files (x86)\ibm\RationalSDLC\ClearQuest\reports\driver\plugins\com.ibm.rational.stp_*.jar" httpclient-4.5.2.jar httpmime-4.5.2.jar httpcore-4.4.4.jar commons-codec-1.10.jar
NOTE: Alternatively, copy com.ibm.rational.stp_*.jar files to .zip files and unzip them.
- Open the crconfig.xml file for editing. In the DataDriverCommon element, update the ClassPath element to include the fully qualified path for each file that is required by the reporting driver. A separate entry is required for each file.
- Restart Crystal Report Designer.
Was this topic helpful?
08 August 2018