The clearfsimport utility of IBM Rational® ClearCase® generates error message "clearfsimport: Error: Could not resolve parent directory of "\VOB"."
The error message is as follows.
clearfsimport: Error: Not an object in a vob: "\".
clearfsimport: Error: Could not resolve parent directory of "\MyVOB"
The following clearfsimport syntax is incorrect.
C:\ccviews\My_Snapshot_View\MyVOB>clearfsimport C:\ccimport\MySourceCode\ \MyVOB
Resolving The Problem
Consider the following steps to run clearfsimport successfully.
- Change directory (cd) from within your snapshot view to the target path in the VOB.
C:\ccviews> cd My_Snapshot_View\MyVOB
- Specify the target directory with a period (.) n the clearfsimport syntax, to indicate the current working directory.
C:\ccviews\MyView\MyVOB>clearfsimport C:\ccimport\MySourceCode\ .
Note: Put a trailing backslash after the source directory, MySourceCode\, Now, you only copy the contents of the source directory without creating a directory MySourceCode in the target location.
- Copy the files from the source location to the target location.
- Add each new item to source control, and creating a new version for any elements that already exist in the path with the same name.
- Check in all element versions
- For additional features and options of clearfsimport, see the IBM Rational ClearCase Command Reference; alternatively run cleartool man clearfsimport.
- You can also use the ClearCase Import Wizard (ccimportwizard.exe) to import data into your VOB through a GUI tool. This wizard is available in ClearCase v.4.2 and newer.
16 June 2018