Preventive Service Planning
Does IBM Rational ClearCase support the Microsoft Windows 2012 Server operating system?
IBM Rational ClearCase Core Server, ClearCase Native clients and IBM Rational ClearTeam Explorer clients are supported on Microsoft Windows 2012.
IBM Rational ClearCase version 22.214.171.124 added support for Microsoft Windows 2012 with certain known issues and limitations as listed below.
Note: Microsoft Windows 2012 is supported with ClearCase 126.96.36.199 or later. There are no plans to provide support in earlier ClearCase versions.
- Technote 1614898 Executing certain IBM Rational ClearCase commands from Microsoft Windows PowerShell
- Technote 1620203 Using the ClearTeam Explorer Help on Windows 2012 platforms
- When installing ClearCase 188.8.131.52 on Windows Server 2012, you will get an error that it is an unsupported OS version. This error can be safely ignored; ClearCase will install correctly.
- Technote 1444765 Known issues with ClearCase and UAC
- The Eclipse version bundled with CCRC and ClearTeam Explorer (CTE) RCP in version 8.0, which is Eclipse 3.6.2, is not officially supported on Microsoft Windows 2012, however, testing has not uncovered any issues to date. Refer to the Eclipse 3.6.2 Project Release Notes for further information.
A Request for enhancement (RFE) was opened requesting ClearCase support for Microsoft Windows 2012.
You can view the status or post comments for RFE RATLC01541227 on the Rational Software RFE Community Web site.
Refer to the Rational RFE Community homepage for details and status of Requests for Enhancements for Rational products.
Updated information about ClearCase system requirements including operating system support for the various ClearCase versions is available in the following document:
Document # 7008776 Rational ClearCase System Requirements List
Installing Rational ClearCase on Microsoft Windows 2012
Follow the instructions documented in the IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0 Information Center.
Internal Use Only
|December 17, 2012||Initial publication|
16 June 2018