Technical Blog Post
Audit Tracking in Maximo
Over the last few years I've talk to a lot of Maximo users and implementers and one of the most FAQ often asked is, "How can we keep track of attribute changes?" It's very clear that Maximo users value their data and want an ability to keep track of changes made to attributes they love the most. By default there are many type of changes which are already tracked historically, like the history of an Asset moving from one location to another or the status changes of a Work Order but if a customer adds new attributes or wants to track the history of an existing attribute not enabled by default how would they do so?
user adds, deletes, or modifies the value of an attribute using a Maximo application the change is saved. The audit record
will include a copy of the changed data, the user-name of the person making the change, an identifier indicating the type of
change (insert, update, delete) and unique transaction id for the change.
Maximo system administrator can follow these steps to enable audit tracking.
The following steps will enable audit tracking of the person assignment
- Open Database Configuration application and enable e-audit on the ASSETLOCUSERCUST object.
- On the attributes tab enable audit on the ISPRIMARY and PERSONID attributes.
The next steps will make the audit changes visible on the Asset record.
- Open Database Configuration application for the Asset object.
- Add a new relationship that references the A_ASSETLOCUSERCUST child object use where clause 'assetnum = :assetnum and siteid = :siteid".
- Save and apply the configuration changes.
- Open application designer for the Asset application and add a new table section which references the relationship created in the previous steps.
- Add the PERSONID and other columns you want to be displayed in the table and save the record.
This is just one example of how to use the E-audit capability in Maximo but the same configuration can be used or applied to
many different use cases. So go out and leverage this great capability in your own implementation!!!!