After installing IBM SPSS Statistics, I am getting error message: "Attempt to connect to a remote server failed inet: local computer" when I try to launch the application. This error may be followed by a Windows pop-up with a request to sign into a remote server. Why am I getting this error?
Resolving The Problem
1) Verify that a firewall is not blocking access to the Statistics application. Turn off the firewall and test.
2) please allow access to the following executable files that launch IBM SPSS Statistics:
3) Verify the Statistics software was installed by a local administrator and followed the installation instructions for that operating system.
4) Verify the computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- See the following TechNote;
- IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports
[Max OS X * Only]
- Check to see if Little Snitch is installed and if so, turn this off to eliminate the error message.
16 June 2018