Question & Answer
Are there any limits on the number of IBM® Rational® ClearCase® VOBs that can be stored on one VOB server?
There is no hard limit documented by IBM Rational for how many VOBs can be stored on a single system.
There are various limitations to the number of VOBs that can be accessed simultaneously on any one system. These include a combination of ClearCase and Operating System limitations.
ClearCase limitations related but not limited to:
Note: Review the IBM Rational ClearCase Administrator's Guide for more details:
- Version 2002.05.00 - Setting up VOBs > VOB Server Configuration Guidelines
- Version 2003.06.00 - VOB Administration > VOB Server Host Configuration Guidelines
- Version 7.0 - VOB Administration > VOB Server Host Configuration Guidelines
Operating System limits and restrictions including but not limited to:
- Maximum number of open file handles
- Maximum group membership per user
- Maximum number of concurrent processes
- Memory, CPU and Disk I/O restrictions
Note: Review the related operating system documentation (that was provider by the vendor) for more information on these and other restrictions that may impact the number of VOBs on a single server.
16 June 2018