The user is already authenticated in all available namepaces.
- TIP: For more examples, see separate IBM Technote #1346138.
This Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the cause is a limitation of Controller, when all of the following are true:
- Controller using a Cognos Analytics report server
- CA is using the default settings inside its 'logoff.xts' file.
- Cognos Analytics and Controller are configured to use SSO
- In other words, when users launch Controller they are not prompted to logon to Controller (instead, they are automatically logged on using their Active Directory username/password)
- Cognos Analytics SSO is configured to have the 'SSO Login' method enabled:
- This causes a new CAM passport to be generated (and received by the Excel Add-in).
- Controller 10.3.1
- Controller 10.4.0 / Cognos Analytics 11.0.12
Resolving The Problem
Reconfigure the Cognos Analytics 'logoff.xts' file.
1. Logon to the Cognos Analytics server
- TIP: For many 'smaller' customers, the CA server will probably be the same server as the 'main' Controller application server.
2. Browse to the following folder: .../templates/ps/portal/
- TIP: By default, this is located here: C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\analytics\templates\ps\portal
- In other words, modify the line so that it looks similar to:
- TIP: By default, this means stopping the Windows service: IBM Cognos
- TIP: By default, this is located here: C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\analytics\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\lib
- For example, rename it to: portal.jar.backup
- NOTE: This will stop SSO working (for Cognos Analytics) when accessed through IE and a gateway.
- It should now look 'greyed out', similar to:
Was this topic helpful?
12 June 2019