Dell PowerVault TL page replacement
Dear client, welcome to DSFA. This website is intended to activate a feature in your TL library.
- Note 1:
- If you arrived here from PowerVault TL series Feature Activation page https://aposfeature.ihost.com/storage/dots/obtainLicenseKeys.wss and you would like to get your license key, please follow the instructions from our help section below.
- Note 2:
- If you arrived here from PowerVault TL series record search page https://aposfeature.ihost.com/storage/dots/viewMachine.wss and you are trying to add a new library SN and WWNN to the system, that option is no longer available. See your LTO Tape resource if you need support.
Previously, feature activations were done in DOTS, which you may know as Encryption activation page / Failover activation page. We will refer to the Encryption activation page / Failover activation page as DOTS in this guide.
After DOTS web page sunset, DSFA web page can be used as a replacement. It provides the same functionalities. However, there is a slight difference between DOTS and DSFA when it comes to required machine data.
To work with a machine in DSFA, following data will be required:
- Machine type - must be selected from a drop-down (for Dell PowerVault TL2000 or TL4000 it is always machine type 3573)
- In contrast to DOTS, DSFA requires machine type.
- Serial number which is 7 characters long
- DOTS serial number was 10 characters long, with machine model in the beginning (X2U or X4U). In DSFA we need only the 7 last characters, leaving out the X2U or X4U.
- Worldwide node name
- In the same format as it was in DOTS, there is no change in WWNN.
Obtain license keys
You must follow these steps to obtain license keys for your Dell PowerVault TL2000 and Dell PowerVault TL4000 machine:
Select the option TS series LTO machine from the menu on the left side of the screen (we recommend to right-click the option and open it in a new tab to have this guide handy). Then enter information about your machine. You will need the following information to perform this activity:
- Machine type (3573)
- Machine serial number (7 characters long)
- Machine worldwide node name
When you complete your activities for the selected machine and want to work with a different machine, return to the Select TS series LTO Machine page and enter the information for the next machine.
If you encounter any problems while using the DSFA application that prevents the retrieval of your license keys, please contact email@example.com
If you encounter a problem while installing license keys on your machine, please contact Dell support: For customers in the United States, call 800-WWW-DELL (800-999-3355). Note: If you do not have an active Internet connection, you can find contact information about your purchase invoice, packing slip, bill, or Dell product catalog.
Dell provides online and telephone-based support and service options. Service availability varies by country and product, and some services might not be available in your area. To contact Dell for sales, technical support, or customer service issues follow the steps that are listed:
- Go to www.Dell.com/support.
- Select your country from the drop-down menu on the lower right corner of the page.
- For customized support:
- Enter your system Service Tag in the Enter your Service Tag field.
- Click Submit. The support page that lists the various support categories is displayed.
- For general support:
- Select your product category.
- Select your product segment.
- Select your product. The support page that lists the various support categories is displayed.
- For contact details of Dell Global Technical Support:
- Click Global Technical Support.
- The Contact Technical Support page is displayed with details to call, chat, or e-mail the Dell Global Technical Support team.