Most Shopz orders are eligible for Internet delivery. If your order is eligible, you will be able to select Internet as your preferred delivery media for your order.
For z/OS package types, you can choose to download directly to your z/OS host system (Direct to Host method) using FTPS (File Transfer Protocol with Transport Layer Security) or HTTPS (Hyper Text Transport Protocol Secure). Alternatively, you can download to your workstation first using IBM Download Director with encryption and then upload to your z/OS host system (Store and Forward method).
z/OS host requirements (for z/OS Product and Service orders)
Internet delivery requires a currently supported level of z/OS and SMP/E.
Internet delivery also requires a z/OS Unix file system (the download file system) where your downloaded order will be stored. z/OS host requirements vary depending on the download method you choose. To review details on all the z/OS host requirements for Internet Delivery, see z/OS Planning for Installation.
For details on the setup required for FTPS or HTTPS and to download a test package to verify your setup, see Connectivity Test for SW Download Readiness.
For details on the SMP/E RECEIVE FROMNETWORK and RECEIVE ORDER commands, and the GIMGTPKG service routine, see z/OS SMP/E User's Guide.
z/VM host requirements
TCP/IP FTP must be active.
VSE host requirements
Internet delivery of product orders requires VSE/ESA 2.7 or later and TCP/IP (part of VSE package).
Internet delivery of service orders has no special host requirements.
System z hardware requirements (for z/OS Driving system orders)
Internet delivery of driving system (Customized Offerings Driver) orders directly to your Hardware Management Console (HMC) requires that you download the files using FTPS (File Transfer Protocol with Transport Layer Security). The minimum hardware required for installation of driving system orders delivered over the Internet is a z14 processor with a z14 HMC at driver level 36. Note that a DVD drive is no longer included beginning with the z15 HMC. Internet delivery is therefore recommended if you will be using a z15 or later HMC to install your driving system order.
For details on the setup required for FTPS and to download a test package to verify your setup, see Connectivity Test for SW Download Readiness.
To download your order to your workstation, IBM recommends using IBM Download Director which requires specific Web browser levels. The following requirements apply for downloads using IBM Download Director:
- The ability to share or transfer data to the host system where the order will be installed.
- Disk space for downloading files. The amount of disk space required varies by order. You need to have sufficient space for the compressed package. The package will be uncompressed on your host.
All orders downloaded to the workstation with IBM Download Director use encryption. There are no additional requirements for IBM Download Director with encryption.
To make your order accessible to your z/OS host system, you can do one of the following:
- For ServerPac orders that are delivered in a portable software instance format and installed using z/OSMF Software Management, you can transfer the files to your z/OS host system using "Portable Software Instance Add -> From Local Workstation action" in z/OSMF Software Management. For details on the z/OSMF Software Management installation and configuration, see IBM z/OS Management Facility Configuration Guide
- For orders that are installed using the CustomPac Installation Dialog, you can do one of the following:
- Configure your workstation as a FTP server and point to it in the CustomPac Installation Dialog or the RECEIVE FROMNETWORK job to receive your order.
- Transfer the package files (as binary data) directly to your z/OS file system using client FTP (or some other similar transfer methodology).
- Use network drives that are accessible to z/OS. The mounting can be accomplished using Network File System (NFS).
To make your driving system orders accessible to your IBM System z HMC, you can do one of the following:
- Configure your workstation as a FTP server. Then access the files on this server from your HMC.
- Copy the downloaded files from your workstation to a USB flash drive. Then access the files on the flash drive from the USB port on your HMC.
For further information, see z/OS Planning for Installation.
Some ServerPac, CBPDO, or CustomPac orders may include DVD-R images which are delivered in ISO9660 format (with an extension of .iso) or are packaged in zip files (with an extension of .zip).
For additional information, please go to the Downloading orders section.