A new revision (11) to the Passport Advantage® Agreement (IPAA) and Passport Advantage Express Agreement (IPAEA) takes effect on:
- 1 February 2023 for new IPAA Client enrollments and new IPAEA transactions
- 1 May 2023 for current IPAA Clients notified on 1 February 2023 of the new terms which will be effective for them on 1 May 2023 per the terms of IPAA.
Summary of changes and enhancements
- Future IPAA Modification Notification: In the future, IBM will now notify you of any modifications to this IPAA by posting a notice on the IBM Terms web page at http://www.ibm.com/terms instead of sending email notifications. You must subscribe on the IBM Terms web page to ensure you receive direct notification of any such modifications.
- Subscription Licenses: IBM has incorporated terms into the applicable sections of the IPAA that provide a new licensing model for IBM Programs without the need to sign a separate Attachment. The Subscription License model provide the right to use the Program and receive Software Subscription & Support for the subscription term. You may not terminate before the end of the subscription term, but you have the flexibility to determine the term length that addresses your business needs.
- Container Licensing: IBM has incorporated terms into the Full Capacity and Virtualization Requirements section of the IPAA for container usage of Eligible Container Products without the need to sign a separate Addendum. The terms permit you to acquire entitlements for the total number of processor cores associated with the capacity of all containers available to the Eligible Container Product.
- Government Option: IBM have incorporated into IPAA the terms previously in the IPAA Attachment for Government Option. For Clients that are a national, regional, or local government agency or affiliated government entity in Client’s country and enroll as a Government Client type on the IPAA Enrollment Form, these incorporated terms eliminate the need to agree to the separate Attachment.
- Academic Volume Option: IBM have incorporated into IPAA the terms previously in the IPAA Attachment for Academic Volume Option. For Clients that are an Accredited Education Institution which is a non-profit accredited academic entity, whether public or private, that is not owned by a commercial organization and enroll as an Academic Volume Option Client type on the IPAA Enrollment Form, these incorporated terms eliminate the need to agree to the separate Attachment.
- Restructuring and Clarity: Restructure and updates throughout the IPAA for additional clarity and consistency with other IBM agreements.
Go to IBM Terms to view or download the latest revisions to the Agreements:
See the following for additional information: