IBM Skills Academy is designed for academia worldwide. The program helps university faculty to provide students with additional skills, giving them an advantage in the job market.
IBM is dedicated to Africa as a hub for innovation. We are working with regional universities to establish long-term partnerships. We are rapidly building our talent pipeline by developing graduate programs for students that will foster talent within IBM and build a continent-wide IT ecosystem.
IBM Official Press Releases:
Students can access our course material and hands-on training exercises from anywhere using their laptop, phone, tablets etc.
The program also offers a chance for teachers to advance their skills, and pass it on to their students for which they can get worldwide recognition.
Employers who are authorized to have access to our portal will have access to our graduates database, allowing them to connect with them for potential employment opportunities.
You will be redirected to the IBM Skills Academy Contact Center.
This site will allow you to enter more details about your inquiry related to IBM Skills Academy.
Frequently Asked Questions
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only the users that have been authorised to access the portal can sign in.
- How do I get authorisation to access the portal?
- If you belong to an institution registered in the program please contact your institution focal point.
- If you are not from an authorised institution, please refer to the contact us section to enroll your institution in the program or reach the IBM Skills Academy Help desk.
- What ID do I use to sign in?
- You must have a valid IBM id to sign in. Click here to register an IBM ID
- Will I get a certificate when I complete the course?
- You will get a certificate and a badge when you pass the Mastery exam at the end of the course.
- What kind of badges will I earn?
- We are offering different types of badges per Career Path. You can learn more about it here
- What kind of Careers can I sign up for?
- We have different Career Path offerings. You can learn more about it here
- I’m looking to hire students from your program, what should I do?
- We have a tool that you can use to connect with our graduates. Please contact us so we can get started.
- I’m an IBM Business Partner/Customer, Can I take the course?
- Each of the requirement has to be treated on its merit with a Business case. Please contact our Skills Academy Helpdesk to discuss the requirements.
- My name or email address is not correct
- Click here to update your IBM ID profile
- Why do I see the message
You are not registered for any course in IBM Skills Academyafter sign in?
- Please make sure that you are enrolled in a Career Path before signing in. (Contact your institution focal point to confirm your enrolment)
- If you are enrolled, try closing your browser and sign-in again.
- If issue still exists, please refer to the contact us section.
- I am having problems opening courses, playing videos or downloading files
- Visit the Prepare your system page to verify you have a supported browser and required plug-ins.
- I receive other errors trying to access IBM Skills Academy or course content
- Try completely closing your browser, wait a few minutes then try again.
- Contact technical support and provide a screen capture of the error you are seeing, plus your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- Which platforms and browsers are supported?
- Check if your browser and platform is supported: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome on Windows; Safari on Mac, Ipad, Iphone; Chrome on Android tablets and smartphones.
- Visit the Prepare your system page to verify you have the required plug-ins.
- If you're still having technical issues, please contact our technical support and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- My progress bar is not updating even after I completed the course
- Please contact our technical support and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.
- I can’t download the flyer/abstract in the Careers Page
- Please contact our Skills Academy Helpdesk and provide a screen shot of the error you are seeing, your browser version, operating system version and a description of what you were trying to do when you received the error.