Power/AIX for Rookies
Build your skills on Power Systems in your journey. Send your early career IBM Power/AIX systems administrators to the new track Power/AIX for Rookies at upcoming IBM Systems Technical Universities.
This full track of face-to-face learning sessions helps your newer team members to get started and go deep on IBM Power with hands-on training delivered by IBM Technical Training Instructors. Look for the question while registering for TechU to signal your interest in the Power/AIX for Rookies.
Atlanta – IBM Systems TechU – April 29 – May 3.Register for Atlanta now!
Packed with a punch:
The Power/AIX for Rookies track offers half a day of focused, in-depth training sessions and labs delivered by IBM Distinguished Engineers, developers or product experts for Power/AIX beginners:
Key face-to-face topics
- Part 1-Intro to Power Systems, LPAR basics and HMC
- Part 2-PowerVM (VIOS) basics
- Part 3-Systems Management Tool (SMIT) and AIX installation
- Part 4-AIX Software installation and maintenance
- Part 5-Systems configuration and introduction to the Logical Volume Manager
- Part 6-AIX storage management
- Part 7-Security and user administration
- Part 8-TCP/IP configuration
- Part 9-SAN storage and configuration on AIX
- Part 10 -Understanding and managing AIX processes
- Part 11-Understanding AIX user login and startup procedures and files
- Part 12-Processor concepts for Power systems logical partitions
IBM Badge Available:
The badge earner understands and can articulate foundational knowledge of IBM Power Systems and AIX.
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!