Blockchain Training: An Overview for Business Professionals
This course is developed and owned by an IBM Authorized Global Training Provider: Global Knowledge
This course provides general overview of Blockchain technology in plain simple English without using technical jargon. It’s specifically designed to answer the following questions:
1. What is Blockchain? (What exactly is it?)
2. Non-technical technology overview (How does it work?)
3. Benefits of Blockchain (Why should anyone consider this?)
4. Use cases (Where and for what apps is it appropriate?)
5. Adoption (Who is using it and for what?)
6. Implementation (How do I get started?)
7. Costs (What does it costs to use this technology?)
8. Future of Blockchain (What is its future?)
Derivative Works Courses are developed by an IBM authorized Global Training Provider. The content of the course is based on IBM products and services. It offers skills or services that IBM does not offer in the course catalog today and are intended to compliment our existing portfolio. The course is developed by the Training Provider. IBM solely provides a market place to advertise the courses on our external websites, ibm.com/training and lists the Global Training Provider who owns the content.
This course is designed for non-technical business executives and leadership who are responsible for making decisions about leveraging Blockchain technologies within their businesses.
What is Blockchain?
• Technology overview
• History of Blockchain
• Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) and Blockchain
Non-Technical Technology Overview
• Cryptography for executives
• Key concepts
o Public ledgers
o Hashes and block hashes
o Distributed and peer-to-peer technologies
o Digital tokens
o Smart contracts
o Bitcoin mining
• Authorization and authentication
Benefits of Blockchain – Myths and Facts
• Benefits of Blockchain and myths and facts
o Value of Blockchain
o Value of smart contracts
o Role and value of digital tokens
o Common misconceptions about Blockchain
• When is it appropriate or not appropriate to use Blockchain
o Digital wallets and payment systems
o Money transfers
o Transaction tracking and management
o Record keeping
o Asset management
o Financial settlements
o Securities transactions
• Who is using it and for what?
• Financial services
• Securities and trading
• Real estate
• Supply chain
• How do I get started?
o Requirements definition and business use case
o Proof of concept development
o Tools and technology infrastructure
o Deployment strategy
• What does it cost to use this technology?
Future of Blockchain
• What is its future?
• Industry outlooks
After completing this course, business professionals will be able to make informed business decisions pertaining to Blockchain proof-of-concept implementations.
IBM Training Blog:
You can enroll in an instructor-led classroom at different geographic locations, instructor-led online course in any timezone or a self-paced online course.
Start date on / after:
Guaranteed to Run (GTR):