IBM Systems Technical University
15 - 17 October 2019
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Standard Rate: AUD 1,649 (incl. GST)
15 - 17 October 2019 Sydney, Australia Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Standard Rate: AUD 1,649 (incl. GST)
Grow your skills with in-depth pure technical training at the IBM Systems Technical University in Sydney, Australia. Learn how you can harness the power of IBM Systems solutions to help turn your IT challenges into successes.
Get the opportunity to:
- Sharpen your expertise with sessions led by IBM product and industry experts
- Experience the latest technology via demos geared to all skill levels
- Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
- Learn from your peers via networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
The agenda will include more than 150 information-packed technical sessions delivered by top IBM developers and experts.
Ensure you don't get left behind by gaining new skills to harness the power of IBM Systems technologies. Whether you are a service provider or IT manager - you need to become agile and responsive.
Who should attend:
This conference is intended for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners and IBM employees:
- BP Technical Sales
- IT Architects & Specialists
- Data Scientists
- Technical Leaders & Managers
- Implementation & deployment specialists
- Systems Admin & Programmers
- Infrastructure Planners
- All relevant IT focused sales & technical teams
IBM TechU features skill-building sessions that are in demand and appeal to attendees who share a technical vision and curiosity. IBM TechU offers technical breakout sessions, roundtables, demos, and more.
Solutions, Use Cases and Architectures
- Infrastructure for the digital transformation
- Mission Critical Core systems
- Scalable Data Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Hybrid Multicloud environments
- Open Source and Open Standards based solutions
- Secure computing
IBM Power Systems
- Strategy and Innovation with Power Systems
- Workload optimization - SAP HANA on POWER, Modern Data Platform Solutions
- Cognitive Systems - AI workloads, Data Analytics, Technical Computing
- AIX , IBM i and Linux on Power, including Security and HA/DR system software
- Optimized systems and performance management
- Storage for AI
- Storage for SAP HANA
- Storage for hybrid & Multicloud
- Modernization of Data Protection
- Modernization of storage for traditional workloads, IBM Z®, IBM AIX®, IBM i and Linux
- All Flash Arrays & Software Defined Storage
- Cyber Security
IBM Z and LinuxONE
- IBM Z and IBM LinuxONE servers
- IBM z/OS®, z/VM®, and Linux on IBM Z
- DB2®, Oracle, CICS®, MQ, WebSphere®
- DevOps and Application Development
- Hybrid Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes
- Data Security, High Availability and Data Protection
- Open source applications and initiatives
IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) empowers you to implement solutions for IBM Power Systems, IBM Z, LinuxONE and IBM Storage in a cloud, cognitive and big data world.
Attendees should plan to arrive on Monday October 14 or Tuesday October 15 in the morning. Registration opens at 16:00 on Monday and as of 8:00 on Tuesday. The opening session on Tuesday starts at 9:45. All sessions will be presented in English and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions.
Client, Business Partner, and IBMers rates
|Standard Rate (Clients, Business Partners)||Beginning September 1, 2019||AUD 1,649|
|IBM employee rate||Available through October 15, 2019||AUD 1,400|
Rate terms and conditions: All rates shown are including GST.
Rate terms and conditions: Standard tuition rate for this event is AUD 1,649. Discounts cannot be combined with any other programs or discounts, including IBM Business Partner discounts. Early Bird Rates end 11:59pm on the date determined per event.
You will be charged the conference fees less any applicable discount.
For further details contact the conference team.
Hotel accommodation and event policies:
The Technical University will take place at the Shangri-La Hotel Sydney.
Please note that you are responsible for booking your hotel and that your hotel reservation is not part of your event registration.
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney 176 Cumberland Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
IBM negotiated room type and rates The Shangri-La Hotel Guest Room Rate: AUD 330 (single occupation, incl. 10% GST)
Please note that we have negotiated a special rate at the hotel for conference attendees. Securing your room reservation within the IBM block entitles you to full buffet breakfast and complimentary in room wired internet and wireless access for the duration of your stay.
Event cancellation & substitution policy:
To avoid charges, conference enrollees must cancel their registrations by end of day October 1, 2019. For cancellations received after October 1, 2019 registration fees will be fully charged.
Substitutions are permitted at any time; replaced attendees will not be subject to registration fee cancellation penalties.
To cancel your registration, please update your registration record by using the link received in your confirmation mail or contact us via email.
Venue photos are owned by the designated property and are only representative of what you may see at the event.
Systems hardware and software certification exams will be offered at the special event rate of USD 100 per exam, up to a 50% discount over the testing center price. A complete listing of available IBM tests is available at the testing lab.
The first 25 IBM BP's or clients who register on site receive a free exam, 1 free exam per person.
Certification tests are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and by appointment only. Tests are payable on site at the time of testing, using Visa, Master Card or American Express, which the test taker enters directly into the testing tool.
Some vouchers are accepted as payment for exams (for example, PGI/Specialty test vouchers, and IBM employee vouchers), but vouchers are not guaranteed to be accepted.
Potential test takers should prepare for their test(s) prior to the conference.
There you'll find test descriptions, including:
- Certification job role names and descriptions to which the tests apply.
- Test objectives measured on the tests.
- Recommended educational resources.
- Assessment and sample tests to help gauge your readiness for the actual exam.
- Estimated time required to take the test.
Important notes on certification testing:
The same test may be taken by an individual only twice in a 30-day period. Both attempts may be taken at this event. For each test, test takers are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, show their conference badge and one government issued ID with a recent photo (for example: passport, national ID, or driver license). All tests are closed-book containing multiple-choice questions. They are delivered in a proctored environment via a web-based tool.
Candidates should ensure they have a valid web account with Pearson Vue. While a testing ID is important, it is not needed to log in to take the exam. Candidates will need the user name and password for their Pearson Vue web account to log in to take their exam.
Join us at the Solution Center:
- Learn about new products and services
- Explore cutting-edge demos from IBM and top vendors
- Meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential clients and vendors
- Assess the competition and solidify your position in the marketplace
- Network with industry colleagues and build relationships with important decision-makers
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor offers you:
- An opportunity to generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing new opportunities with C-level executives, directors, managers and other decision makers
- An environment for building brand awareness
- A booth in the vibrant Solution Center where attendees can learn more about your products and services
- Turnkey booths