Choosing the right fit
What is the difference between Wazi Virtual Test Platform (Wazi VTP) and ZUnit?
ZUnit provides testing capabilities at a program level. We are now introducing transaction-level testing with Wazi VTP, enabling the first level of Integration Testing.
How is this shifting left?
It allows the first phase of transaction testing to be done by developers/testers (or to be run automatically as part of the pipeline) before deployment into a full environment.
How can I perform a Wazi VTP trial?
IBM Wazi VTP is a Shopz product. Trials for Shopz products are facilitated by Techline.
Does Wazi Virtual Test platform provide Regression Testing capabilities?
Yes. Wazi VTP can be used for regression testing after projects like Compiler upgrades, Software Configuration Management (SCM) upgrades, or Automatic Binary Optimizer (ABO) implementation.
For example, you can accomplish the following:
- Use VTP to record a transaction.
- Apply ABO to the programs in the transaction.
- Play back the tests to verify the integrity of the ABO-enabled application.
What does Wazi VTP support?
- IBM IMS batch messaging processing (BMP) with Data Language 1 (DL/I)
- IMS BMP accessing IBM Db2®
- IMS BMP/Generalized Sequential Access Method (GSAM)
- IMS/transaction manager (TM) accessing Db2/SQL directly
- IMS/TM transactions using DL/I
- File I/O support for COBOL processing of sequential (QSAM) files, and VSAM (KSDS, ESDS, and RRDS) files
- IBM MQ from batch
- CICS with calls to Db2, DL/I, MQSeries
- Batch including Db2 and DL/I
Getting started with this product
What do I need in order to run the tests?
A z/OS system, an application and Wazi VTP. Once recorded, you do not need the original middleware/subsystems or data to execute the test.
How long does it take to deploy the product?
It only takes a few hours if all the required security and infrastructure are in place. It is totally host-based — all mainframe.
Does Wazi VTP need to run on z/OS?
Yes, it needs a real LPAR or Z Development and Test (ZD&T) Platform.
Does this run in a development and test environment or in a production environment?
This is all development and test.
Does the product need any additional z/OS or client software?
Wazi VTP does not mandate any additional z/OS or client software.
Is there a scenario for installing Wazi VTP on a ZD&T?
You can install Wazi VTP on a ZD&T if the product is already licensed on the real hardware (Dev and Test LPARs).