This IBM Mobile Application Privacy Statement (“Mobile Privacy Statement”) explains the data IBM may collect on behalf of the entity that entitles you to use this IBM mobile application (or “App”) used in connection with an IBM product offering. This Mobile Privacy Statement only applies to the information IBM may collect on behalf of that entity. It does not apply to the information that entity may collect for its own use.
Downloading, accessing, or otherwise using the App indicates that you have read this Mobile Privacy Statement and consent to its terms. If you do not consent to the terms of this Mobile Privacy Statement, do not proceed to download, access, or otherwise use the App.
IBM may collect the following information through the App:
- Personal information you may provide to download and use the App, including your email address, name, and password
- Information about your usage of the App, including crash logs and usage statistics
- Information about your device and its interaction with the App, including the type of mobile device you use with the App, its unique user ID, IP address, and operating system, and the type of mobile Internet browsers in use
- Information about the location of your device, including geo-location information
IBM may use the information collected through this App in the following ways:
- To review the quality and improve the functionality of the App
- To better improve the way the App works with your device
- To create new Apps
- To provide anonymized user analytics and industry benchmarking
- To share anonymized data with third parties
Provided that this information is not required to be retained pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, this information will be deleted when it is no longer needed to provide the services associated with the App, unless it has been anonymized and does not longer contain personally identifiable information.
IBM does not use the App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us via https://www.ibm.com/privacy/portal/contact/us-en. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
You may opt-out of all collection of information by IBM by uninstalling this App from your mobile device.
This Mobile Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes to this Mobile Privacy Statement by posting a new version at https://www.ibm.com/us-en/privacy/. We will post a notice at the top of the page notifying users when it is updated or modified in a material way. If we are going to use your personal information in a manner different from what is stated at the time of collection, we will notify you, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we can use your personal information in such a way. By downloading, accessing or otherwise using this App after any changes to this Mobile Privacy Statement, you indicate that you have read the updated Mobile Privacy Statement and consent to its terms.
As a global organization, we process information we collect, including personal information, in various countries around the world. You give us consent to process such information worldwide, both directly and through third party service providers working on our behalf.