1. The IBM Business Partner initiates a request by completing the request form.
2. When IBM receives the request:
- The IBM Project Manager will send the Business Partner a Microsoft PowerPoint template that provides guidance on the information needed about the client, sales strategy, and proposed solution design as well as key questions or issues the Business Partner deal team would like the IBM experts to address in the Consult.
- An initial scope evaluation call will be scheduled. The purpose of this call is to plan for the Technical Expert Consult, review the information provided by the Business Partner, determine the areas of expertise that need to be represented by experts in the Consult, identify participants from the Business Partner deal team, and discuss preferred timing for the Consult.
3. The IBM Project Manager identifies the necessary IBM experts available to participate in the Consult, shares the information the Business Partner has provided with them, and schedules the Technical Expert Consult web conference.
4. During the Consult, the proposed solution design and key questions are presented by the Business Partner technical lead. The IBM experts will discuss with the Business Partner deal team, answer questions, and provide recommendations to strengthen the solution design.
5. Deliverable: After the Consult, a summary of the recommendations from the discussion are documented and provided to the Business Partner participants. The Business Partner deal team is responsible to act on the recommendations as they deem appropriate.