What is edge computing?
Edge computing is a distributed computing framework that brings enterprise applications closer to data sources such as Internet of Things (IoT) devices, edge servers and gateways. This proximity to data at its source benefits a business by allowing processing and analysis to be done in near real-time to deliver faster insights, improved response times and bandwidth optimization.
What is IBM Edge Computing Manager?
IBM Edge Computing™ Manager is an intelligent, secure and flexible platform that provides autonomous management for edge computing. It is a full-lifecycle edge environment that helps you to create, deploy, run, secure, monitor, maintain and scale business logic and analytics applications at the edge. It can run anywhere and manage workloads on virtually any edge endpoint, including servers, gateways, and devices.
What are the benefits provided by IBM Edge Computing Manager?
The primary benefits of IBM Edge Computing Manager include:
- Faster insights and actions — Runs IT closer to data sources; improves speed-to-action
- Better data security and control — Minimizes data transport to central hubs; reduces vulnerabilities
- Continuous operations — Runs autonomously, even when disconnected; reduces disruption and cost
What capabilities does IBM Edge Computing Manager provide?
IBM Edge Computing Manager is intelligent, flexible and secure.
- The industry’s first autonomous policy-based workload lifecycle management edge platform with edge-native programming
- Consistent visibility, control and automation for managing and scaling workloads from edge to core and across any hybrid multicloud environment, even when disconnected
- Firewall ready; prevents common attacks; encrypted and signed messages; container tampering and update verification
How does IBM Edge Computing Manager compare to other edge solutions in the market?
IBM has the only autonomous edge solution, enabling a single administrator to securely manage the scale, variability and rate of change of application environments across tens of thousands of endpoints. Using IBM Edge Computing Manager, you can easily create, deploy, run, secure, monitor, maintain and scale business logic and analytics applications at the edge. Edge endpoints run on containers and Red Hat® OpenShift®, giving you choice and flexibility to extend from any public or private cloud to any edge server or device.
Are services available with IBM Edge Computing Manager?
Yes. IBM brings deep industry expertise — including a new dedicated edge computing services practice — to advance enterprise edge strategy and to deliver successful client implementation.
Experience the IBM Garage
The mission of the IBM Garage is to help businesses disrupt, innovate, operate and motivate like a startup. The Garage can help you create inspiring experiences that produce significant business outcomes, faster. Schedule a no-charge visit to learn more.