What can do for your business
Enable flexible growth
Leverage flexibility that enables the library to grow from both the right and the left side of the first L frame since models can be placed in any active position.
Support capacity on demand
Utilize support for entry-level, intermediate and base-capacity configurations.
Utilize dynamic storage management
Use the Advanced Library Management System to support dynamic storage management, enabling users to create and change logical libraries and configure any drive into any logical library.
Increase overall system availability
Help increase mount performance and overall system availability with dual robotic accessors.
Gain file-level access to data
Access data at the file-level without the need for proprietary applications. IBM TS4500 supports IBM Spectrum Archive with IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology.
Upgrade with a flexible path
Provide a flexible upgrade path for users who want to expand their tape storage as their needs grow.
- Uncompressed data storage in a single frame
- Policy-based automatic media verification
- Data encryption and WORM media
- Support for multiple tape drive combinations
- IBM Spectrum Archive support
- Compatibility with new IBM LTO Ultrium 8 technology
- Optional 10U of rack space available above the library
- Supports most open-system servers including IBM Z®