Online log data sets correction
Corrects online log data sets (OLDS) by invalidating logging for transactions that did not reach the synch point.
Recovers DEDBs including VSO and shared VSO that were active when IMS failed.
Main storage database recovery
Generates the JCL of the MSDB Dump Recovery utility to be processed before the IMS cold start for the main storage database (MSDB) recovery.
Data set updates and maintenance
Updates and maintains the IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) RECON data sets when required.
The following programs or subsequent releases are required for installing IMS DEDB Fast Recovery:
z/OS® environment: IMS DEDB Fast Recovery operates in the MVS environment. The MVS programming requirements are the same as the requirements for the version and release of IMS for which you are using IMS DEDB Fast Recovery.
- IMS environment. One of the following currently supported programs is required:
- IMS Version 13 Release 1 (5635-A04)
- IMS Version 14 Release 1 (5635-A05)
- IMS Version 15 Release 1 (5635-A06)
- IMS Database Value Unit Edition Version 13 Release 1 (5655-DSM)
- IMS Database Value Unit Edition Version 14 Release 1 (5655-DSE)