Gen 5 Fibre Channel and Fabric Vision technology
The IBM® System Networking SAN24B-5 switch features both Gen 5 Fibre Channel and Fabric Vision technologies—providing the performance you need to support highly virtualized environments and the simplified SAN management for visibility and insight across the network.
Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities
By leveraging PoD, you can achieve fast, easy and cost-effective scaling from 12 to 24 ports; aggregate 384 Gbps full-duplex throughput at 24 ports.
Fabric operating system and management software
The Fabric Operating System, which is included with each SAN24B-5, contains all the functions necessary to operate a base system. The Gen 5 Fibre Channel base systems require FOS v7.0.1 or later, which allows organizations to take advantage of the advanced functions delivered through Fabric Vision technology.
Simplified management and robust network analytics
SAN48B-5 with Fabric Vision technology provides a hardware and software solution that helps simplify monitoring, maximize network availability and dramatically reduce costs. Featuring innovative monitoring, management and diagnostic capabilities, Fabric Vision technology enables administrators to avoid problems before they impact operations, helping organizations meet service level agreements.
Technical specifications for IBM System Networking SAN24B-5 include:
- Product number 2498-X24
- Hot-swap components include power supplies, fan modules, small form-factor pluggables
- One-year warranty; customer-replaceable unit and on-site, 9×5 next-business-day response
- Optional features can be found in the SAN24B-5 Redbooks Product
- Size: 43.8 cm (17.24 in.) W x 4.3 cm (1.7 in.) D x 44.3 cm (17.44 in.) H
- Weight: 7.82 kg (17.25 lb) with one power supply, without transceivers