The SCRT Users Guide should be your first point of reference for all questions about configuring your system for sub-capacity, tailoring the SCRT JCL, running the SCRT program, and interpreting the SCRT Reports.
Download the guide (PDF, 5.7MB)
Calculating sub-capacity charges
If you have questions about how SCRT calculates the MSUs it reports for a program or questions about how Defined Capacity and Group Capacity can be used to help control your sub-capacity software charges, IBM offers several downloadable educational modules.
Visit the Education page
Moving programs and/or workloads
If you have questions about how your SCRT Reports may be affected by moving LPARs between machines, moving workloads between LPARs, or moving programs, please see the sub-capacity rules for moving programs and workloads.
Read the rules (275 KB)
Machine upgrades or consolidations
If you have questions about the process to follow when you have machine upgrades or machine consolidations, please see the procedures for running SCRT and submitting Sub-Capacity Reports.
See the procedures (275 KB)
If you have questions about your invoice or bill, or need further help interpreting the SCRT Report, please contact your IBM Sales Representative or IBM Business Partner.
SCRT technical support
Use the following procedure to get SCRT technical support from IBM, or whenever the SCRT documentation directs you to open a service request (SR, formerly known as a PMR).
Service Request procedure
- Go to the IBM Support Portal.
- Under "Common support links", click Service requests for hardware and software (PMRs).
- Sign in with your IBMid. If you don't have an IBMid, you can register for one.
- Click New service request.
- In the list of options, click I am having a problem with software.
- Specify a product/component, as follows:
- z/OS customers: Enter one of the following keywords to locate the Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool:
- sub-capacity reporting tool
- z/VSE customers: Enter VSE
- Provide all other necessary information to complete the request, such as:
- A thorough description of the problem or question
- The CSV report output file(s) from SCRT
- The full JCL and any parameters used when running SCRT
- The full SYSPRINT output from the running of SCRT
Get additional help with opening a service request
Visit IBM Service Request