Working to create products structurally sound and reliable
The mechanical simulation and predictive engineering team provides advanced capability in mechanical and multi-physics simulation using finite element modeling and other techniques to deterministically and probabilistically predict product behavior using Design for Six Sigma methods. Our engineers validate their simulations with lab testing to build high confidence in our simulation models. We ensure that IBM products are high performing, structurally sound, acoustically quiet, thermally managed, and electromagnetically robust, by using our expertise to predict, enhance, and measure product performance.
CAE Methods, and Tools:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Structural (statics, dynamics, earthquake, shock and vibration), acoustics, thermal, electromagnetics, optical, and coupled field.
- Statistical methods and Design For Six Sigma (DFSS).
- CAE/CAD: ANSYS WB and APDL, FLUENT, LS-Dyna, SIMULIA, HFSS, Trace-Pro, ANSYS SpaceClaim, Creo, Solidworks, CATIA.
Test and Validation Methods, and Tools:
- Dynamic, high speed strain measurement.
- Acceleration measurement.
- Direct displacement measurement via DVRT and capacitance sense methods.
- Mechanical property testing via Instron, MTS, and DMA tools.