Samples of selected System z Platform Test configuration files
This page contains selected samples of parmlib members, configuration files, REXX EXECs, and so on, grouped by product, operating system element, or function. Unless otherwise noted, these samples are not specific to a particular system release.
Click any of the samples to view it in your browser. You can use your browser's "Save as" function to download the sample file to your computer.
We'd like to hear from you if you have questions about any of our samples, or if you have ideas about specific samples that you'd like us to include here.
Please understand that these samples are specifically tailored to our environment. You will not be able to use these samples without customizing them to your own environment.
IBM Encryption Facility for z/OS samples
- ESE2TAPE (TXT, 1KB) - This JCL uses a batch program provided by the IBM Encryption Facility for z/OS Encryption Services to encrypt an MVS dataset and place the output into a tape dataset.
- ESD2DSN (TXT, 1KB) - This JCL uses a batch program provided by the IBM Encryption Facility for z/OS Encryption Services to read a tape dataset which contains encrypted data and decrypt it to an MVS dataset.
- JCD2DSN (TXT, 8KB) - This JCL contains 3 steps which are used to read a tape dataset containing encrypted data and place it into an MVS dataset. The Encryption Facility for z/OS Client, a licensed Java™ reference program, is used to decrypt the data. NOTE: This job calls the Javadecrypt_pw.sh script which is also available below.
- Javadecrypt_pw.sh (TXT, 1KB) - This shell script, which is called by JCD2DSN, invokes the Encryption Facility for z/OS Client to decrypt the data.
IBM Health Checker for z/OS: Sample Checks
Sample 1: An executable sample, which includes the source code. This sample can be installed and executed, but is intended as a basic reference and starting point.
Sample 1: executable sample
- HZS_README (TXT, 1KB) - Instructions for installing the sample
- HZSSAMAC (TXT, 21KB) - Sample 'add check' exit routine to add a check that runs one-time((HZS_SAMPLE_ONE_TIME) and a check that runs at an interval (HZS_SAMPLE_INTERVAL)
- HZSSAMCK (TXT, 40KB) - Sample check routine that includes the actual sample one-time check (HZS_SAMPLE_ONE_TIME) and the interval check (HZS_SAMPLE_INTERVAL)
- HZSSAMMT (TXT, 19KB) - Sample message input to generate the message table for the sample check routines to use
Sample 2: A tutorial sample. This sample is similar to Sample 1, but it contains more extensive tutorial commentary. It is not provided as an executable sample.
Sample 2: tutorial sample
- HZSSADCK (TXT, 49KB) - Tutorial 'add check' exit routine to add a check that runs one-time (HZS_SAMPLE_ONE_TIME) and a check that runs at an interval (HZS_SAMPLE_INTERVAL)
- HZSSCHKP (TXT, 39KB) - Tutorial showing how to read and write data from the IBM Health Checker for z/OS persistent data in a check set using the HZSPREAD and HZSPWRITE macros
- HZSSCHKR (TXT, 49KB) - Tutorial local check routine that includes the actual sample one-time check (HZS_SAMPLE_ONE_TIME) and the interval check (HZS_SAMPLE_INTERVAL)
- HZSSMSGT (TXT, 5KB) - Tutorial message input to generate the message table for use by the sample check routines
- HZSSRCHC (TXT, 68KB) - Tutorial showing how to parse input parameters for a check routine using the HZSCPARS macro
- HZSSRCHK (TXT, 59KB) - Tutorial remote check routine that contains check HZS_SAMPLE_REMOTE_CHECK
- HZSSXCHK (TXT, 60KB) - Tutorial REXX exec check routine that contains checks HZS_SAMPLE_REXXIN_CHECK and HZS_SAMPLE_REXXTSO_CHECK
- HZSSXCHN (TXT, 60KB) - Tutorial REXX exec check routine that contains checks HZS_SAMPLE_REXXIN_CHECK and HZS_SAMPLE_REXXTSO_CHECK and demonstrates the use of the HZSFMSG DIRECTMSG service
Java COBOL interoperability samples
- PTCBMAIN - PTCBMAIN contains the main OOCOBOL program
- PTCOBHLW - PTCOBHLW contains the COBOL native program
- javaPerf.java - javaPerf.java contains the java program
- HELLOWD1 - HELLOWD1 contains the sql to create the helloWLDxx tables
- COMPTHLW - COMPTHLW contains an example of the compile and DB2 bind
- BCDPTC2J_JCL - BCDPTC2J_JCL contains an example of the jzos job to run the helloworld application
Selected z/OS IPLPARM members
Selected z/OS PARMLIB members
- ADYSETxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our ADYSETxx member
- ALLOCxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our ALLOCxx member
- APPCPMxx (TXT, 2KB) - Our APPCPMxx member
- ARCCMDxx (TXT, 29KB) - Our ARCCMDxx member
- ARCCMDPR (TXT, 38KB) - Our ARCCMDPR member
- COFDLFxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our COFDLFxx member
- COFVLFxx(TXT, 39KB) - Our COFVLFxx member
- COMMNDxx (TXT, 5KB) - Our COMMNDxx member
- CONSOLxx (TXT, 4KB) - Our CONSOLxx member
- COUPLExx (TXT, 7KB) - Our COUPLExx member
- CTIGRSxx (TXT, 2KB) - Our CTIGRSxx member
- CTISMSxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our CTISMSxx member
- CTIXCFxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our CTIXCFxx member
- CTIXESxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our CTIXESxx member
- DEVSUPxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our DEVSUPxx member
- DIAGxx (TXT, 2KB) - Our DIAGxx member
- EDGRMMxx (TXT, 9KB) - Our EDGRMMxx member
- ERBRMF01 (TXT, 1KB) - Our ERBRMF01 member
- ERBRMF02 (TXT, 3KB) - Our ERBRMF02 member
- ERBRMF03 (TXT, 3KB) - Our ERBRMF03 member
- GRSCNFxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our GRSCNFxx member
- GRSRNLxx (TXT, 22KB) - Our GRSRNLxx member
- IEAABDxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEAABDxx member
- IEAAPFxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEAAPFxx member
- IEACMDxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEACMDxx member
- IEADMPxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEADMPxx member
- IEADMRxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEADMRxx member
- IEAFIXxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEAFIXxx member
- IEALPAxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEALPAxx member
- IEAOPTxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEAOPTxx member
- IEASVCxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IEASVCxx member
- IEASYMxx (TXT, 6KB) - Our IEASYMxx member
- IEASYSxx (TXT, 4KB) - Our IEASYSxx member
- IECIOSxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IECIOSxx member
- IEFSSNxx (TXT, 3KB) - Our IEFSSNxx member
- IFAPRDxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IFAPRDxx member
- IKJTSOxx(TXT, 20KB) - Our IKJTSOxx member
- IVTPRMxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our IVTPRMxx member
- PROGxx (TXT, 1KB) - Our PROGxx member (APF list)
- PROGyy (TXT, 1KB) - Our PROGyy member (EXIT list)
- PROGzz (TXT, 1KB) - Our PROGzz member (LINK list)
Selected System z Platform Test policies
- ARMPOL (TXT, 6KB) - ARMPOL contains our automatic restart management (ARM) policy.
- CFRMPOL (TXT, 25KB) - CFRMPOL contains our coupling facility resource management (CFRM) policy.
- LOGRPOL (TXT, 44KB) - LOGRPOL contains is our MVS system logger (LOGR) policy. Note: This sample is a report that shows all of the LOGR policy parameters that we specified and the default values for the remaining parameters. It is not the policy itself. We make our policy updates and generate the policy report using JCL to call the IXCMIAPU utility.
- SFMPOL(TXT, 1KB) - SFMPOL contains our sysplex failure management (SFM) policy.