TIPSS-4 Information Technology Services (ITS) is a multiple-award IDIQ contract to provide a wide spectrum of IT related services for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Department of the Treasury and its Bureaus. Including all options, the period of performance is ten (10) years, from December 28, 2010 – December 27, 2020.
The contract is administered by IRS. Government customers interested in using the vehicle should contact the TIPSS Program Office. More information is found at https://www.irs.gov/about-irs/procurement/tipss-4-help.
The ITS principal task area provides support for design, development, deployment, operations and maintenance of IT Systems; all aspects of systems security; and maintaining configuration management controls. The work may include:
- Analysis and Design
- Applications Development
- Operations & Maintenance
- Systems Engineering
- Certification and Accreditation
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Software Development
- System Integration
- Test and Evaluation
- Training (Knowledge Transfer)
- SW/HW Maintenance and /or Licensing
- Help desk support
- Database Administration
- DR, COOP, and Contingency Planning
- Hot-site and Cold-site Support Services
- Independent Verification and Validation
- Mainframe Automated Information Security Support
- Communications and Change Management
- Earned Value Management Support
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Data Management
- Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) Management
TIPSS-4 ITS scope does not include the purchase or lease of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware or software for the Government; however, such requirements that are integral and/or incidental to the support functions being performed may be identified in task orders and provided by the contractor.
Task order types may be cost-reimbursement plus fixed fee (CPFF), firm fixed price (FFP), or time and materials (T&M), depending on the nature of the services to be provided, dollar values, and other factors. Task orders may also be performance-based with incentives.