Using ENCORE II is simple
The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO-Scott) has developed robust Task Order (TO) Guidelines (link resides outside of ibm.com) to improve the process of awarding and managing task orders under the ENCORE II contracts.
The ENCORE II contracts are Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) multiple award contracts that can accommodate Time-and-Materials (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Cost-Reimbursement (CR) type task orders, in accordance with FAR Subpart 16.5 - Indefinite-Delivery Contracts. The period of performance for the ENCORE II contracts is one hundred twenty (120) months, consisting of one five (5) year base period and an additional five (5) one-year option periods.
How to do business with DISA/DITCO
Using the DISA/DITCO Contracting Office:
They will perform all of the expert acquisition support services you need; that is, "they do the contracting." DISA/DITCO will provide solicitation, award, and routine post-award procurement services to acquire the information technology goods and services you require to fulfill mission requirements. DISA/DITCO offices will charge the DITCO fee (2.0% est). The customer shall forward a funding document that covers the Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) amount, plus the DITCO fee.
Ordering directly from ENCORE II contracts
If you prefer, DISA/DITCO has delegated the authority to your agency's contracting activity to place task orders directly against the ENCORE II contracts. In other words, "you do the task order contracting." There is a 1.00% fee that is not additive to the DITCO fee.
G.8 Ordering Procedures for External Agencies/Decentralized Ordering (Contract extract):
- An external agency is any contracting office outside of DISA.
- For any order to be placed by External Agency, where the projected lifecycle costs is expected to exceed $10,000,000.00, approval shall be obtained from the DITCO-Scott Contracting Officer prior to the start of processing the requirement. The Encore II vendor(s) shall also notify the DITCO-Scott Contracting Officer prior to responding to any Request for Proposal when the proposed lifecycle costs shall exceed $10,000,000.00. The notification to the DITCO-Scott Contracting Officer shall be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For requirements expected to have a lifecycle costs of less than $10,000,000.00, there are no approvals, coordinations, reporting, or oversight imposed by DITCO-Scott on external agency contracting offices. For all external agency requirements, those agencies are empowered to place orders in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts, Task Order Guidelines, the FAR, DFARS (as applicable), and their own agency procedures.
- The DITCO-Scott Contracting Officer will not make judgments or determinations regarding task orders awarded under this contract by an external agency contracting office. All of the task orders are negotiable and these issues must be resolved consistently with external agency procedures and/or oversight.
- The following procedures apply to external agencies placing orders against this contract:
- a. The customer shall add the Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) set forth in Section B, entitled External Ordering Agency Fee, to add a 1% fee to each order placed under this contract. Modifications issued that increase the total order amount shall adjust the amount of this CLIN to account for the modification increase.
- The customer shall not use any order numbers which are identified by using serial numbers beginning with 0001 thru 9999, which are reserved for DITCO-Scott. DoD agencies should use ordering numbers as specified in DFARS 204.7004(d)(2)(i). Non-DoD federal agencies may use any numbering system provided it does not conflict with either of these numbering systems.
The ENCORE II contractors are required to report various statistics on orders placed by external agencies as part of their Quarterly Progress Reports per Section C, paragraph 2.4.1. of the ENCORE II contract.
External agency contracting offices may contact the DITCO-Scott (PL8) Contracting Officers (link resides outside of ibm.com) or guidance and assistance.