Frequently Asked Questions
Find out answers to the most commonly asked questions.
About The IBM Alpha Zone accelerator
The program highlights:
- A 20 weeks program,focused on developing solutions for the enterprise market. Broad integration IBM growth initiatives: Big Data Analytics, Cloud, Healthcare, Mobile, Security, Internet of Things, Smarter Commerce and Cognitive Computing.
- Access to IBM technologists, developers, researchers and industry experts
- Worldwide exposure and potential joint go-to-market with IBM
- Free access to IBM technologies and tools (development license)
- IBM Cloud Services (up-to $120K benefit)
- Business Mentorship
- Physical space at IBM Israel HQ Offices
- Access to Angels / VC’s / OCS corporate program
- Legal/Tax/Accounting/IP/User Experience : Alpha Zone Partners’ support
- Mentor Day – business sessions with industry leaders
- DEMO Days and global marketing events
- No participation cost and IBM does not take any equity or IP rights
Is my company in the “right” lifecycle stage to apply for the IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator?
We select companies in all stages of development. We prefer companies with a formalized prototype or a more advanced development phase. From a funding perspective, there is no limitation, but we are more focused on post Seed & Round A funded companies.
How do you choose which companies to accept into the program?
We will choose talented founders who can solve real business problems or create meaningful innovations. Strong applications will include:
- Talented team of visionaries in business and technology
- Strong and clear definition of the company business plan, prototype or product, which is referenced in your application
- A passionate and well thought out execution plan for your business
- Strong technological fit into existing IBM solutions
- Dedication and commitment to the joint plan and program
Can you tell me more about the networking and educational opportunities?
The program will include Meetups in which mentors will speak about relevant topics and enrich participants. Meetups will be hosted by highly successful entrepreneurs, angel investors, legal experts, venture capitalists, and investment bankers. Occasionally, Meetups will include a brief presentation followed by a Q&A session by a CEO or CTO of a well-known local startup. In addition, leading executives and technical experts from IBM will visit companies on a regular basis and provide feedback and significant opportunities for their business. These Meetups are intended to be informal and provide time for companies to personally interact with various mentors across a diversified field.
Will all the mentors come from IBM?
No. While IBM will contribute mentors, additional mentors are successful entrepreneurs and investors who are experts in Big Data, Analytics, IoT, Mobile and Cloud delivered applications or related technologies. Our main goal is to provide significant industry knowledge and investor support for the selected companies.
Do I need to send in a business plan?
No, we do not require business plans. We only require each applicant to fill out an online application. However, we recommend including a Business Plan and a Company Presentation, since these documents providea more comprehensive understanding of your application.
Where is the IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator office located and what is the schedule for selected companies?
The IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator location is in IBM Israel HQ at Ofer Park in Petach Tikva. Each company sets its own schedule and office hours.
What if my company doesn’t ultimately succeed?
Our program provides each company the best opportunity for success. We believe The IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator program will be an important milestone for you and the founding team and an impressive resume achievement. The experience, knowledge and network connections from your participation in the program will help bring success in future endeavors
How does a company apply for the IBM Alpha Zone Accelerator?
Please complete an application at www.ibmalphazone.com.
What is the expected timeline?
The registration for Class 12 is open.
What do I need to do in addition to submitting my application?
While we review the applications you might want to register for the Cloud Program for Startups as it is a mandatory criteria for the companies who gets into Alpha Zone accelerator.
Check our social channels to be up-to-date with all news about the current edition of the program.