True grid architecture to deliver predictable performance.
Self-tuning, no hotspots; grow workload and volume linearly.
More than five 9s availability, full 6TB rebuild in less than hour and 3-way mirroring.
Real-time Compression reduces data footprint by up to 80% and requires 40% less power consumption.
Multi-tenancy and encryption.
Out-of-the-box Integration with OpenStack, VMware and Hyper-V.
Gain storage visibility, insight, and control
Available at no charge, cloud-based IBM Storage Insights provides a single dashboard that gives you a clear view of all your IBM block storage. You’ll be able to make better decisions by seeing trends in performance and capacity. Storage health information enables you to focus on areas needing attention and when IBM support is needed, Storage Insights simplifies uploading logs, speeds resolution with online configuration data, and provides an overview of open tickets all in one place.
Customer case studies
Turkish bank chooses IBM XIV Gen3 to speed up provisioning of new services by 94 percent.Anadolubank
niu Solutions adopts IBM XIV Gen3 to deliver performance, agility, easy management and low TCO.niu solutions
Belgian MSP cuts cloud risk with IBM XIV Gen3 and pay-as-you-grow consumption model.Cegeka
- Temperature (max / min ) - 10°C – 35°C (50°F – 95°F)
- Dimensions (height × width × depth) - 202 cm × 66 cm × 120 cm (79.53 in. × 25.98 in. × 47.24 in.)
- Maximum weight - 1,044.5 kg (2,303.1 lb)
- Clearance front/rear - 120 cm/120 cm (47.24 in./47.24 in.)
- Input voltage - 180 – 264 V ac at 60 A or 30 A (±10%)
- Number of CPU cores (min/max) - 108/180
- Fibre Channel rates - 8 Gbps
- iSCSI rates - 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps
- Fibre Channel ports (min/max) - 16 / 24
- 1 or 10 Gbps iSCSI ports (min / max) - 14 or 8 / 22 or 12
- Capacity per drive (nearline SAS) – 4 TB or 6 TB SEDs
- Number of disk drives (min/max) – 108/180
- Effective capacity per system (min /max)* - 354 TB / 970 TB
- Memory (min/max) - 864 GB/1,440 GB
- Flash caching (min/max) - 7.2 TB/12 TB
- * The effective capacity values in this table are based on a 2x compression ratio.