Help students become more aware of how much garbage we all put into our environment
and what we can do to reduce, re-use and recycle waste.
Volunteers lead an activity and discussion to demonstrate how small, easy choices
can make a real difference.
- Ages 11-15 (Middle grade students)
- Ages 14-19 (Secondary/High School students)
What’s the goal of this kit?
- Develop a greater awareness of how much garbage we all create during our
daily lives without realizing it.
- Understanding the three R’s: Reduce, Re-use, and Recycle
- Help students understand the impact of waste and empower them to become better
Why is this topic important?
If you care about living in a healthy, clean, sustainable environment, then you
are well suited to help children appreciate the importance of producing less
No previous environmental experience or knowledge is needed.
What do I need to know about this activity?
- No previous environmental experience or knowledge is needed.
This activity is also for you if you…
- Enjoy engaging an audience through hands-on activities
- Want to help others learn something new and valuable
- For the optional discussion on the Plastic Bank, a high-level understanding
of the blockchain technology would be helpful