IO Insight with integrated network sensors
Gain deeper insight into the performance of your network to maintain service level agreement (SLA) compliance and diagnose input/output (I/O) operational issues with individual device monitoring. The network sensors also enable tuning of device configurations with integrated I/O metrics to optimize storage performance.
Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS)
Use the Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS) to simplify fabric-wide threshold configuration, monitoring and alerting with prebuilt, rule-/policy-based templates.
Fabric Performance Impact (FPI) Monitoring
Leverage the predefined MAPS policies to automatically detect and alert administrators to different latency severity levels, and to identify slow-drain devices that could impact network performance.
Utilize the integrated, at-a-glance views that display an overall SAN health view, along with details on out-of-range conditions.
Configuration and operational monitoring
Simplify deployment, safeguard consistency and increase operational efficiencies of larger environments with automated switch and fabric configuration services found in the Configuration and Operational Monitoring Policy Automation Services Suite (COMPASS).
Ensure optical and signal integrity for Fibre Channel optics and cables, simplifying deployment and support of high-performance fabrics.
IBM Storage Networking SAN512B-6 and SAN256B-6 Specifications:
- Airflow: Non-port-side intake to port-side exhaust or port-side intake to non-port-side exhaust
- SAN512B-6 Width: 43.74 cm/17.23 in.; Height: 61.23 cm/24.11 in., 14U; Depth: 61.04 cm/24.04 in.
- SAN256B-6 Width: 43.74 cm/17.23 in.; Height: 34.45 cm/13.56 in., 8U; Depth: 61.04 cm/24.04 in.
- SAN256B-6 (airflow diversion) W: 43.74 cm/17.23 in.; H: 40.00 cm/15.75 in. 8U; D: 61.29 cm/24.09 in.
- SAN512B-6 Weight: 145.8 kg/321.5 lb/384-port configuration fully populated; 35.61 kg/78.5 lb/chassis
- SAN256B-6 Weight: 68.95 kg/152.0 lb/192-port configuration fully populated; 24.5 kg/54 lb/chassis
Hot-swap components: Control processors, core routing modules, power supplies, fan modules, Fibre Channel port blades, extension blade, small form-factor pluggables (SFPs) and quad small form-factor pluggables (QSFPs)
- Product Numbers: SAN512B-6 (8961-F08)* SAN256B-6 (8961-F04)*
- *Base functionality: The Enterprise Software bundle with FOS features on top of base functionality.
- Optional Features: One year; 24×7 same-day maintenance; service options are available