Back to videos

7307:  We're the Movers - Migrating Cloud from Anywhere to Anywhere:  Interview with Christopher Cat

Cloud
View full session

Enterprises are making the journey to cloud on the promise of agility, optimized costs, reduced risks and high availability but only 20% of workloads have been migrated. The remaining 80% are a spectrum of various workloads including mission critical that have specific requirements of resiliency and high availability. With over 100k migrations, learn how IBM has helped enterprises break the 20% barrier in this interactive session and can help remaining 80% to accelerate modernization through flexible architectures built with open standards, high availability and greater automation. On stage with key clients, hear the lessons learned and how the key to success requires the right people, processes, and technology.

Topic:
Featured Sessions Cloud
Venue:
Theater Room
Time:
Wed (February 13), 4:30PM PT

Speakers

Laurence Guihard-Joly

General Manager, Cloud Migration GTS, IBM

Laurence Guihard-Joly is GM, leading the Global Cloud Migration Factory, accountable for strategy, business performance, delivery excellence & client satisfaction; covering of all types of migration from anywhere to anywhere, across all Geos and Industries. From Data Center relocation to Cloud migration for Infrastructure, Data & Applications in hybrid & multi-cloud environments, the Factory is helping Clients complete their journey to the cloud and achieve their business objectives. During 33 years at IBM, Laurence worked from Europe, North America and in Asia Pacific. She held GM roles in sales, services and P&L management in Industrial Sector, ERP, Networking, Security, Resiliency, Outsourcing, Transformation & Change management, Communications. Laurence earned her Master from Lille Business University, France. She moved to NY with her Family in 2003 and likes travels, horse riding, wild nature, mindfulness & meditation, and is engaged in support of people with disabilities.

Harish Grama

GM, IBM Cloud Platform, IBM

Before his CIO role at JPMorgan Chase, Harish has held executive roles as IBM's Vice President and General Manager of Product Management, Development and Customer Support in Software. He brings over 28 years of enterprise technology leadership, and over the past six years he has been responsible for leading a multibillion-dollar P&L.

Ajay Patel

Senior Vice President and General Manager, VMware

Ajay Patel, Senior Vice President and General Manager of VMware's Cloud Provider Software Business Unit, leads the team that develops cloud software and manages one of the world's largest Cloud and Manage Services Provider ecosystems through its VMware Cloud Provider Program. In this capacity, Ajay is responsible for product development, go-to-market, solutions development, sales and marketing, and all partner operational systems for the service provider segment. Ajay's team is also responsible for driving VMware's multi-cloud strategy and go-to- market of VMware Cloud Services. Previously, Ajay help build and subsequently led vCloud Air, VMware's cloud service business.

Christopher Catterfeld

Chief Marketing Office and Chief Product Officer, Iptor Supply Chain Systems

Christopher Catterfeld (41) has more than 15 years of extensive experience transforming and managing international organizations in the technology space, most recently in CMO, Managing Director, and Board positions at global cloud software businesses. His driving factor is the injection of customer excitement creating tangible growth to top and bottom line.

Currently as CMP, CPO and Partner at Iptor Supply Chain Systems accounting for the transformation of one of the leading global ERP & Supply Chain vendors resulting in the company's most significant growth momentum in recent history.

Prior to that, he led product and marketing activities as European CMO as well as drove the European HCM units as Managing Director at Sage Group plc.

With his passion for transformation, Christopher also acts as Angel Investor and Advisor in the IT sector and holds Non-Exec Board positions in the business software area.